Premed 101 Forums

U of T Interview Discussion 2014

Haha. I didn't mean to imply that the incoherence would be due to drinking, but it's possible since I'll be visiting with friends I miss and haven't seen in a while the night before. Probably not a good idea to show up hungover, though. :P

I'm pretty sure he wasn't talking about drinking. Sober just means sensible and attentive.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm pretty sure he wasn't talking about drinking. Sober just means sensible and attentive.

Possibly, but I think the immediate association is with alcohol. Also, all other definitions of sober tend to mean calm or subdued, which runs counter to the notion of being functional so early in the morning. Anyways, not terribly important: I don't plan on drinking so much the night before that it'll cause any impact the next morning. The impact of waking up that early will be enough.

Wut. Undergrad applicants with 3 and 4 publications?

Right? Insane, and I think one reason why so many people shy away from reading these forums. :P It's so easy to feel inadequate here.

To those who posted invites today for March 29, did you reschedule to those days, or were you assigned that day? (theories abound...)

Good luck to those interviewing this weekend, I hope some of us still waiting to hear back can join the ranks of interviewees going March 29/30th :D

I think we're out of luck... We're in this last stretch together at least.

I'm officially assigning myself to the unofficial regrets list.

I think we're out of luck... We're in this last stretch together at least.

I'm officially assigning myself to the unofficial regrets list.

Me too... at least it'll be a pleasant surprise if we're wrong! And not an unpleasant surprise if we're right. Just an unpleasant non-surprise!

Haha. I didn't mean to imply that the incoherence would be due to drinking, but it's possible since I'll be visiting with friends I miss and haven't seen in a while the night before. Probably not a good idea to show up hungover, though. :P

I partied before an interview this year. Needless to say, don't do it. Wasn't the best idea on my part haha

100% fun. 10/10 would do again.

100% agree - I think that the whole day was extremely well organized and the interview was certainly not as stressful as I imagined. Many thanks to all of the first and second year students that volunteered their time yesterday - the tour and informal conversations really eased my mind prior to my interview :) .

Now the waiting begins :rolleyes:

Good luck to the rest of the applicants waiting to hear!!

Archived