Premed 101 Forums

The post-interview wait

Apparently it does. It's easy enough to follow :P

I agree though, the food was standard. Not good, not bad... but it's pretty much what I would expect to be fed.

Well I only have 2 other schools for comparison! Between those 3, McMaster definitely owned it.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well I only have 2 other schools for comparison! Between those 3, McMaster definitely owned it.

I enjoyed my food at Queen's way more than Mac. They gave me a ticket and I went to a buffet on the other side of the campus. All you can eat for free. Gets my seal of approval :D

Not to say that the Mac food was bad or anything. It was fine :)

I enjoyed my food at Queen's way more than Mac. They gave me a ticket and I went to a buffet on the other side of the campus. All you can eat for free. Gets my seal of approval :D

Not to say that the Mac food was bad or anything. It was fine :)

No way! Last year they just gave us discount coupons! Oh man Queen's food is amazing. The first time I was at Queen's was for an in-residence program back when I was in grade 7, and they had amazing food back then, too. Seems like it's a consistent strength with Queen's!

I interviewed Sunday, thought the various stations were quite interesting. The food was alright, but I personally preferred the lunch from UofT, it just seemed better quality somehow (in fact I overheard some other people say the same thing on Sunday).

Regardless of the food situation, I was extremely impressed with the Hamilton campus, it was nicer than I had expected. The student hosts were all super helpful and friendly as well, it definitely helped reduce my stress levels!

Reading through last year's acceptance thread was an awful idea. So many people with higher stats felt good about the interview and got flat out rejected. I felt quite good about 9 stations but who knows what the interviewers thought. Weird how stressful it is considering nothing about it can be changed anymore.

Reading through last year's acceptance thread was an awful idea. So many people with higher stats felt good about the interview and got flat out rejected. I felt quite good about 9 stations but who knows what the interviewers thought. Weird how stressful it is considering nothing about it can be changed anymore.

Should have taken my advice to focus on other things :P

I have no point of comparison but I enjoyed the video. Sounded like the whole room was laughing when they saw it Saturday morning. One of the med students for my group found it absolutely hilarious.

There are a couple of references that only Mac Meds would get that make it absolutely hysterical :P

I have a question for current Mac Med students: What was the subject of your acceptance email? Something like "Congratulations" or "Acceptance Offer"? I imagine one would be able to tell from the subject whether they got in or not. And that those who are rejected will get an email with a more generic title like "Interview Results." hahaha I'm obsessing over this too much, but just curious... :P

I have a question for current Mac Med students: What was the subject of your acceptance email? Something like "Congratulations" or "Acceptance Offer"? I imagine one would be able to tell from the subject whether they got in or not. And that those who are rejected will get an email with a more generic title like "Interview Results." hahaha I'm obsessing over this too much, but just curious... :P

It was obvious from the title that it was an acceptance. The title also says what campus you are accepted to. Not sure if it'll be the same this year... good luck!

It was "Offer of Admission", then followed by the campus that you're offered a spot in

For all those who interviewed today, how do you guys feel?

I actually really enjoyed the whole MMI experience (it was my first time) and was impressed with the student volunteers and the Mac campus in general.

I thought that the stations covered a lot of interesting topics and overall I had a positive experience. I have absolutely no idea how to gauge my performance, though, and I'm worried that I was not able to include too many personal anecdotes to make my answers more unique. Really impressed by the school, I will definitely be giving it consideration if I'm fortunate enough to get an acceptance.

For all those who interviewed today, how do you guys feel?

I actually really enjoyed the whole MMI experience (it was my first time) and was impressed with the student volunteers and the Mac campus in general.

I interviewed at Mac last year and I was super excited with what the two-person station was this year compared to last year. I thought the information session was somewhat less impressive than last year, though that may be because it was my second time around.

Archived