Premed 101 Forums

The post-interview wait

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another Hamilton, Niagara, and Waterloo here!

Initially, I was set on ranking both regional campuses (I wanted a change of scene) before Hamilton, but then I decided to keep it safe and stick to Hamilton, the city I've lived in for five years now and am really starting to love! I was mostly unsure about the convenience of transportation in the regional campuses, and I know it's really not a problem to get to anywhere through public transportation (street or GO buses) and find cheap housing in Hamilton. Plus, Hamilton's a pretty great city, with lots of natural places that appeal to me, despite its reputation! :)

That being said, I would really love to study at any of these places - the regional campuses have so many cool things to offer!

Oh McMaster, please send some love to us on May 13th!

I'm going to be the first one to break the mould here. ;)

I did, Waterloo, Niagara, Hamilton.

Being from BC, I have no ties to any of them, and I was a little bit worried about the things I'd heard about there being too many learners in Hamilton..

Plus, I feel like moving to the other side of the country might actually be easier when I'd be in a smaller group.

Waterloo, Hamilton, Niagara

I visited all three campuses and personally like Kitchener the best because it was in the heart of downtown. Hamilton is close enough to downtown and is a big city but the small class size of a regional campus won me over. Reason I picked Niagara last as because it felt very isolated.

But either way I would be ecstatic with an offer at any campus!!

I really liked the idea of a regional campus, but I don't know much about the Niagara region and it's slightly further/more inconvenient for me to get home to visit.

I'd just be happy to get in though, all three campuses seem like great choices!

I visited all three campuses and personally like Kitchener the best because it was in the heart of downtown. Hamilton is close enough to downtown and is a big city but the small class size of a regional campus won me over. Reason I picked Niagara last as because it felt very isolated.

But either way I would be ecstatic with an offer at any campus!!

I really liked the idea of a regional campus, but I don't know much about the Niagara region and it's slightly further/more inconvenient for me to get home to visit.

I'd just be happy to get in though, all three campuses seem like great choices!

I was very close to ranking this way as I too found Niagara a bit isolated. Small class size won out though, since it's only 3 years!

I see an email from Wendy Edge and I forget to breathe...then I realize it's just videos of the different campuses. Luckily I did visit them all but il have a look and see if the videos change my mind. She said if we want to change our selections to email her

That helped in the decision too. I think I'd enjoy living in Niagara more than Waterloo but it is a bit isolated which worries me.

This was my thought too initially but I had to keep myself that it's St. Catharine's and not Niagara Falls. Though they are super close and St. Catharine's is probably still nicer than Waterloo, I had to keep forcing out the image of waking up to see the falls every day out of my head when trying to decide haha.

This was my thought too initially but I had to keep myself that it's St. Catharine's and not Niagara Falls. Though they are super close and St. Catharine's is probably still nicer than Waterloo, I had to keep forcing out the image of waking up to see the falls every day out of my head when trying to decide haha.

I actually liked Waterloo better than St. Catherines, for some reason. Maybe it's the student atmosphere in Waterloo, as opposed to St. Catherine's where the university is all isolated up there on the hill.

Granted, I didn't spend a ton of time in either place. Will have to watch the videos for sure!

I actually liked Waterloo better than St. Catherines, for some reason. Maybe it's the student atmosphere in Waterloo, as opposed to St. Catherine's where the university is all isolated up there on the hill.

Granted, I didn't spend a ton of time in either place. Will have to watch the videos for sure!

Ya I ranked Waterloo above St. Catharine's for the same reason. I think St. Catharine's is probably where I would prefer to raise a family but Waterloo is where I'd prefer to go to school. Couldn't believe these numbers when I saw them:

Waterloo, ON Population: 94,475

Waterloo University enrolment: 31,577

Wilfred Laurier enrolment: 17,160

Two university total: 48,737

Obviously some people commute to each university, but clearly students make up a very significant chunk of the Waterloo population.

Archived