Premed 101 Forums

4X6 Photo

At UBC, they require passport-sized photos, which are easy to get at many locations. But how do people usually provide a 4x6 photo for Western? Is that just an enlarged version of passport photo with large dimensions for the head, or is it more like a full-body photo? I went to Costco, and the staff told me they did not do any size that is non-standard. Thanks!

I think the size requirement is not because they need a large photo but just because it's a common size. With this size, someone might already have a photo at home or be able to take their own photo and have it printed for under 25 cents. If you google Costco or Black's photo printing for example, it's one of the first sizes you'll see and probably the cheapest. A passport photo usually requires going to a place to get the photo taken and printed for around 10 bucks.

Point #5 at the bottom of the acceptance email!

To clarify, we just need to print a photo and bring it to the interview, right?

That is, it does not need to be submitted online ahead of time or anything?

Some other schools ask you to upload them, so I just wanted to check!

To clarify, we just need to print a photo and bring it to the interview, right?

That is, it does not need to be submitted online ahead of time or anything?

Some other schools ask you to upload them, so I just wanted to check!

Just bring one to the interview, and submit it when you're registering (or so it says in the email). I'm guessing  this is so that someone else doesn't take your place and interview for you (or something of the sort)?

I think it's likely to help interviewers remember who you are. They do this kind of thing at residency interviews because they see so many people

To be fair each interviewer probably interviews like 3-4 people in half a day, so there shouldn't be that many mix ups. But just in case I assume. And really, if it's one more way for people to remember you, it's a good thing =D

NOOOO I thought it was an acceptance email. I already resigned from my job and signed a lease for a place in London...

(Kidding of course. Thanks for the correction haha. I don't know what I was thinking)

That is a good sign you will get in this year :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived