Premed 101 Forums

Uoft Accepted/rejected/waitlisted 2017

Result: Rejected

OOP

4th Year Undergrad

GPA: 3.90

DAT: 23AA, 21 PAT

Interview: I thought my communication/speaking was aight, but my answers for sure lacked depth. I seem to have trouble with interviews, perhaps due to my immaturity and lack of life experience. I think I was only asked 5 questions and I didn't take up the whole 30 minutes. 

Really need to work in interviewing lol

Result: Accepted !! :eek:

GPA: 3.88
IP
DAT (AA + PAT): 22 + 22
Interview: I honestly thought it was mediocre... I finished in ~15minutes and felt like I could've structured my answers better.
Year of study: Currently working since I completed my undergrad last year.

Congrats fellow 2021ers ! And good luck to everyone else, keep your chins up~
I never thought I'd actually make an account on here until today, just wanted to let others out there know that U of T dentistry is possible with a <3.9 GPA. Do your best on the PAT and inject as much of your personality and unique life experiences into your interview as possible 

Result: Waitlist #22

GPA: 3.98 ish

IP

DAT: 25AA, 23PAT

Interview: Bad. Pre-interview rank was #10. So I dropped over 100 spots.

I really need to work on my interview skills. Didn't feel like I gave very strong answers.

Congrats to all that got in!

Just out of curiosity. How did you know your pre-interview ranking?

Just out of curiosity. How did you know your pre-interview ranking?

You can call in and ask. Im going to call in tomorrow to ask about my interview score. I already know it was well below average but I wonder how far below. 

EDIT: Called in today. They can't give your exact score. They state the average interview score was 28/35 (for all interviewed not accepted). And then they state if you were above or below average.

Posting to help future Demacians!

Result: Accepted

IP

GPA: 3.93 (with worst year dropped)
DAT: 23 AA, 22 PAT
Interview: Above average (Felt shaky on 1-2 questions, went in with an "I don't give a ****" mentality, took 35 minutes) 
Year of study: 4th year undergrad