Premed 101 Forums

Countdown to decisions [doomsday]

MD.VA

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Arztin said:

They do it manually throughout the day. I remember my update was in the AM, but my actual email acceptance was done at like 8-9 PM. Be patient :)

Cheers. my status on Minerva still hasn’t changed nor did I receive any emails, so hopefully it will change by 8-9PM.  

3 minutes ago, MedP111 said:

Same, just got an email. But it only says that my Minerva is updated, nothing else. It doesn't say that I'm admitted, doesn't come with an acceptance letter and instructions for next steps. Is this normal? :o 

Check Minerva again - there's now an acceptance letter!

2 minutes ago, MedP111 said:

Same, just got an email. But it only says that my Minerva is updated, nothing else. It doesn't say that I'm admitted, doesn't come with an acceptance letter and instructions for next steps. Is this normal? :o 

I believe that letter will be in Minerva - next to the decision 

Correct me if i am wrong

Guys I am a bit confused I was wondering if you can help me out.

So, on Minerva I am put on the wait-list which says I am #28. 

On an email they just sent me it says this:  Your application (#3) to the Fall 2018 MDCM (Doctor of Medicine and Master of Surgery) program as Quebec Resident (Univ. Level). // Le statut de votre demande numéro 3 pour le programme MDCM (Doctor of Medicine and Master of Surgery) pour la rentrée Automne 2018 dans la catégorie Quebec Resident (Univ. Level).

Does that mean I am wait-list 28 or 3?

I think the number is actually the number of applications you've submitted to McGill. This is the fourth program I've applied to at McGill overall and I have #4. I checked my email from a few years ago when I applied to McGill for the first time and it said #1.

1 minute ago, MedP111 said:

I think the number is actually the number of applications you've submitted to McGill. This is the fourth program I've applied to at McGill overall and I have #4. I checked my email from a few years ago when I applied to McGill for the first time and it said #1.

this would be my 4th application then as well because I applied last year to dentistry and medicine and this year again to dent and med. 

:S

Anyone else got a wait-list email and can tell me if their number matches their position?

1 minute ago, jtown said:

this would be my 4th application then as well because I applied last year to dentistry and medicine and this year again to dent and med. 

:S

Anyone else got a wait-list email and can tell me if their number matches their position?

It is most likely the case that your application to med this year is being counted as #3 while the one to dent is being counted as #4.

3 minutes ago, MedP111 said:

to prove your residency did you use your RAMQ? If so, that is number 4 situation- then that makes sense.

I notice that the MAAF paragraph 4 SS5 states: "Registration (via the Minerva system) in the M.D.,C.M. program requires that you cancel or decline any
active candidacy (e.g. registrations, offers, waiting lists, applications, etc.) that you may have in any other institution of undergraduate medical education or training."

Does that really mean that I have to cancel my app at UofT?! And by what time would I need to do that? Anyone hear of this before? They don't even release decisions until May 8!

Same thing for SS6 of same para, regarding US schools. By what date would I need to withdraw from the US before this becomes an issue? Imagine getting rejected for this at the outset....... gosh!

6 minutes ago, YLA007 said:

I notice that the MAAF paragraph 4 SS5 states: "Registration (via the Minerva system) in the M.D.,C.M. program requires that you cancel or decline any
active candidacy (e.g. registrations, offers, waiting lists, applications, etc.) that you may have in any other institution of undergraduate medical education or training."

Does that really mean that I have to cancel my app at UofT?! And by what time would I need to do that? Anyone hear of this before? They don't even release decisions until May 8!

Same thing for SS6 of same para, regarding US schools. By what date would I need to withdraw from the US before this becomes an issue? Imagine getting rejected for this at the outset....... gosh!

I asked a current student about this, and they said the deadline is usually in June (around when the deposits can not be refunded or it is the same date)!

You can email and double check! 

But you don't have to cancel your application until you know your result! I would only think that is fair! 

Just now, Vendar said:

I asked a current student about this, and they said the deadline is usually in June (around when the deposits can not be refunded or it is the same date)!

You can email and double check! 

But you don't have to cancel your application until you know your result! I would only think that is fair! 

Wow, thanks! That's a relief... Although I know I will go to McGill in the end, I didn't want to just withdraw everything on the spot.... 

9 minutes ago, YLA007 said:

Because of the refund policy I doubt they'd expect you to decline before your Ontario offers. At Dalhousie they give you a 48 hour deadline to do this but here it seems to be Registration. Just hold off on registering (not accepting) which really finalizes your commitment to a school

Archived