7-Jul      13         14          2          1           1         19
12-Jul    14         14          2      closed       1         19
14-Jul    14         14          2                       1         20
4-Aug    15         14      closed                   1         20

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, adri27 said:

3 straight years to the wait list. I feel like I’m in some sick Groundhog Day/Final Destination crossover episode where no matter what I do leads to the same exact place, unreal. You can’t make this stuff up.

This will be me with Ottawa on May 8th.

9 minutes ago, adri27 said:

Can we meet up to see what happens when crossover episodes crossover? Pretty sure it’s some sort of black hole. 

I think Groundhog Day and Final Destination have already crossovered: Punxsutawney Phil has been in a terrible gruesome car accident

Refused - checked 1.5 hours ago :( Pretty bummed about the final outcome; I was quite hopeful about getting in. Will try to hold my head high and continue to be grateful for having had the opportunity to interview. 

All the best to those who got accepted! Cherish these moments and remember this feeling when things toughen up in medical school. Met some great applicants earlier this year and wish we could have been classmates. 

3 minutes ago, Readyforthis2018 said:

Refused - checked 1.5 hours ago :( Pretty bummed about the final outcome; I was quite hopeful about getting in. Will try to hold my head high and continue to be grateful for having had the opportunity to interview. 

All the best to those who got accepted! Cherish these moments and remember this feeling when things toughen up in medical school. Met some great applicants earlier this year and wish we could have been classmates. 

You should definitely hold your head high! I am sorry to hear about the final outcome. Remember, you have made it so far in the process! Take some time to be around loved ones right now and when you are feeling a bit better, reflect on your interview. See how you can improve for next year. I can see how badly you want this, so I know you will not give up until you make it happen.

3 minutes ago, Medreams said:

You should definitely hold your head high! I am sorry to hear about the final outcome. Remember, you have made it so far in the process! Take some time to be around loved ones right now and when you are feeling a bit better, reflect on your interview. See how you can improve for next year. I can see how badly you want this, so I know you will not give up until you make it happen.

Thank you for your words of encouragement, and thoughtful advice :) Kind of hard to reflect on the positives or way forward right now, but will certainly engage in more reflection once I feel better. All the best to you! I hope you get your acceptance soon enough :) 

GL to those will waiting to hear back!

59 minutes ago, adri27 said:

3 straight years to the wait list. I feel like I’m in some sick Groundhog Day/Final Destination crossover episode where no matter what I do leads to the same exact place, unreal. You can’t make this stuff up.

Yup, 2nd year on wait list for me!..I feel the same so I hope knowing that you're not the only one gives you a sense of comfort lol. 
Just keep at it if you really want this! I think people in our position eventually get in. I believe I have what it takes - and a school will see that in time. 
Chin up. Cheers to overcoming groundhog day at some point :)

Archived