176 replies to this topic

#161 Winnipeg9416

Winnipeg9416

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:45 PM

Two people have confirmed here that they've been accepted off the waitlist. I've also heard through a friend of one other person (who doesn't follow these forums) that was accepted off the high waitlist. So 3 lol!

I agree, probably not much movement until June 1st!

#162 Waves

Waves

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:15 PM

I'm pretty sure around 10 people have gotten off the waitlist so far.

Schulich Dentistry 2021

#163 Steins;Gate

Steins;Gate

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:50 PM

Schulich is a top-notch school but I have decided on U of T! Will be declining my offer later next week!

• Jetstream likes this

Applied: Toronto, Western, McGill (OOP)

Interviewed: Toronto, Western, McGill (Interview WL #1)

Accepted: Toronto, Western

Toronto 2T1

#164 Jetstream

Jetstream

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:27 PM

Any updates??

#165 Dentistry001

Dentistry001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 09:27 PM

Waiting for June 1st so people can make decisions before the deposit is due

#166 DentHopeful44

DentHopeful44

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 02:22 PM

Hopefully the majority of waitlist invites will go out the day after deposits are due (June 2nd). Movement will probably be slow/minimal after that  :mellow:

#167 Dentistry001

Dentistry001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:48 AM

Does anyone know if they tell you how far they are down the waitlist if you call in? 

#168 DentHopeful44

DentHopeful44

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:50 AM

I don't think they would, but maybe they'd give you a very general idea or some other info?

#169 Route Canal

Route Canal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:46 AM

Does anyone know if they tell you how far they are down the waitlist if you call in? 

Still going through the high wait list, but at this rate I'm starting to have doubts that it will clear (fingers crossed!).

#170 DentHopeful44

DentHopeful44

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:03 AM

Waitlist invites go out throughout the summer, so it's hard to predict right now. We should have an idea by the end of next week though when there's a surge. I'm hoping this is not a freak year where the waitlist goes less than 15 or something

#171 Route Canal

Route Canal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:10 AM

Waitlist invites go out throughout the summer, so it's hard to predict right now. We should have an idea by the end of next week though when there's a surge. I'm hoping this is not a freak year where the waitlist goes less than 15 or something

Just figured because it seems slow compared to previous years' posts. Or it could also be how the new admissions staff chooses to do things.

#172 gigihh

gigihh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:42 AM

Just figured because it seems slow compared to previous years' posts. Or it could also be how the new admissions staff chooses to do things.

Wondering if many people are choosing UWO instead this year

#173 Winnipeg9416

Winnipeg9416

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:28 PM

It may seem like it's not moving, but in last year's thread, only 7 people posted to say they were accepted off the waitlist while 38 people were accepted in total. So the forums may not be an accurate representation of how much the waitlist is actually moving.

#174 Jetstream

Jetstream

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:03 PM

It may seem like it's not moving, but in last year's thread, only 7 people posted to say they were accepted off the waitlist while 38 people were accepted in total. So the forums may not be an accurate representation of how much the waitlist is actually moving.

By this time there were only a few people off the waitlist last year who posted and 38 got in from the waitlist, so very few people posted their waitlist offers 

I did a quick check of the 2019 acceptance thread and 8 people said they got in the first few days of June. There were more who posted the following couple weeks and the 2019 waitlist moved less than the 2020 waitlist. Assuming that everyone on the waitlist wasn't on the forums, there is significant movement after the deposit (usually starts at the very end of the day on June 1).

If there is similar movement, high waitlist should be close to clearing early June. Unless the high waitlist is 30 people lol

Thoughts?

#175 Prof.A.DumbleDore

Prof.A.DumbleDore

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:41 PM

This forum is such a small sample size, I would not rely on it too heavily. But you are correct most of the waitlist movement occurs around the deadline of the initial deposit. Try to keep your sanity and stay busy. Keep your mind on other things and enjoy the summer. I know its easier said than done

#176 kwyhan

kwyhan

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:56 PM

off the waitlist today 12:15pm

Have hope everyone!

• Kentucky Fried Blaziken, Steins;Gate, Waves and 2 others like this

#177 DDSER

DDSER

Advanced Member

• Members