Premed 101 Forums
xniper

OMSAS cannot submit application Error

I submitted my application and received an OMSAS ID and it kept saying that it was processing and that it may take 2 weeks.But not it's saying:
"

Review and Submit

We cannot process your application at this time. Please try again later."

Is anyone else getting this but still has an OMSAS ID? :(

"October 1, 2018

Note: We are experiencing system issues affecting the OMSAS application. The “Review and Submit” page is not functioning for new applications.

The OUAC and the medical schools will discuss a plan in the morning (October 2) that may involve extending the application deadline by a few days. We will update as we have more information.

It will not be possible to add new medical school program choices to your application after 11:59 pm (ET). The program choices that already exist on your application will remain in place for you to submit once the revised deadline is established.

Please check back for details."

Looks like it'll be extended

3 minutes ago, this_process_is_death said:

"October 1, 2018

Note: We are experiencing system issues affecting the OMSAS application. The “Review and Submit” page is not functioning for new applications.

The OUAC and the medical schools will discuss a plan in the morning (October 2) that may involve extending the application deadline by a few days. We will update as we have more information.

It will not be possible to add new medical school program choices to your application after 11:59 pm (ET). The program choices that already exist on your application will remain in place for you to submit once the revised deadline is established.

Please check back for details."

Looks like it'll be extended

Thanks for the update!

4 hours ago, mongoose_lad said:

I JUST GOT IN AND SUBMITTED!!!

I got an email saying it was complete, got another email with my credit card receipt, and now my portal says complete!!

Hang in guys, it will work!

congrats almost as good as getting in to medschool... 

3 hours ago, sideoutgirl said:

Hey. Just curious... Does anyone know when the problem with submission error actually started? 1 hr before the deadline or 1 day before the deadline?

It was around an hour before the deadline. I remember for me it was working just fine around 2-3 PM

It is telling me this:

Errors

• 7280: You have attempted to submit an application that includes a closed program. Please return to Program Choices, remove the following closed program(s) and re-submit:
    • Queen's Medicine
    • Toronto Medicine
    • Western Medicine
    • McMaster Medicine
    • Ottawa Medicine

Will this get fixed?

Ontario Medical School Application Service (OMSAS)

Review and Submit

We cannot process your application at this time. Please try again later.

that's what am getting now...

2 hours ago, takasugi said:

I successfully submitted and got email confirmations but when i login it says document tracking? Any1 else get this and is it normal?

I submitted on Sunday and that's what mine said at first and then when i checked 15ish min later it was back to normal and i could see SAM and all of that