Premed 101 Forums

Messed up 2-3 interview questions? - chances

I feel that way too. But at this point, it's beyond your control. Don't beat yourself up for what you said. Think about what can be improved for next time and let it go. Worrying and overthinking won't change a thing. Focus on some other stuff you gotta get done.

I have to give myself this advice every time the negative thoughts come to my mind. What else can we do right? :)

On 3/11/2020 at 12:14 AM, Otakumoss said:

I am certain I bombed 2 or 3 questions and I saw one of the interviewers circle a 2/5 on the sheet. I feel doomed but am trying to stay positive. Anyone know if people get in with afew bad answers? 

It's interesting, I know someone specifically who saw a 2/5 being circled and he still got in last year! Don't stress :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/11/2020 at 12:14 AM, Otakumoss said:

I am certain I bombed 2 or 3 questions and I saw one of the interviewers circle a 2/5 on the sheet. I feel doomed but am trying to stay positive. Anyone know if people get in with afew bad answers? 

What about your answer makes you think you bombed it? I felt iffy about some answers but didn't see any circling (it was online). 

4 hours ago, dooogs said:

I guess im having trouble assessing if my answers were good or not. What makes a good answer :P

Mac's MMI questions are assessed 1/3 on communication/clarity, 1/3 on fitness to be a doctor and 1/3 on strength of the answer itself.

it seems content and delivery are about equally weighted in MMI's (and presumably similarly in other interviews)

2 hours ago, ladybird said:

I've been an interviewer at western before. In the past, you had to get two scores of 2 or less from two different interviewers for your application to be thrown out. One 2 won't take you out of the game (that's why they have a panel). You can message me privately if you want some more feedback. 

Meaning if two different interviewers gave you a single 2 your application was thrown out? 

3 hours ago, ladybird said:

I've been an interviewer at western before. In the past, you had to get two scores of 2 or less from two different interviewers for your application to be thrown out. One 2 won't take you out of the game (that's why they have a panel). You can message me privately if you want some more feedback. 

Damn very insightful

32 minutes ago, SoftTings said:

Meaning if two different interviewers gave you a single 2 your application was thrown out? 

I don't remember if it's 1 or 2 "two or less" scores 2 from two different interviewers. It definitely has to be from two different interviewers. 

22 minutes ago, notagunner said:

Interesting, how bad of an answer would warrant a 2? 

A 2 is less than adequate— If you answered an ethics question and only gave pros and not cons when asked for both, for instance. Also if you say something that's a red flag (like blaming somebody else when discussing a conflict or saying something like "i wouldn't want to be a nurse because nurses aren't as valuable as doctors"). 

11 hours ago, ladybird said:

A 2 is less than adequate— If you answered an ethics question and only gave pros and not cons when asked for both, for instance. Also if you say something that's a red flag (like blaming somebody else when discussing a conflict or saying something like "i wouldn't want to be a nurse because nurses aren't as valuable as doctors"). 

Oh geez.. I had a question where I did the equivalent of "only gave pros and not cons," but it's only because the interviewer stopped me halfway through my answer since we were short on time