Premed 101 Forums

MD Class of 2024 bag colour

On 7/2/2020 at 2:05 PM, rmorelan said:

I predict in advance that if it is yellow that class will be known as the "lemons" 

well ok so yellow it is - again they are going with something extremely bright it seems. It doesn't get much brighter than that! and I thought my original bright red was in your face.

someone said they should be called the busy bees - ha that is a better way to control the narrative. 

Edited by rmorelan

On 7/8/2020 at 4:56 PM, ShadesofCyan said:

I am so thrilled to be getting a backpack. I do wish the colour was a bit more neutral so I would get more use out of it... oh well.

Positives... We'll be able to spot our classmates from miles away and it won't get confused with any of the other bags in my closet. 

Honestly, that’s a big perk of the bags in general. You can identify your classmates easily from down the street and can see if a classmate is rotating in the hospital with you. And come CaRMS time it’s a good icebreaker in the airport (if we go back to in person interviews.) Though as a Mac grad, is and Calgary students were the only purple bags in the airports on our CaRMS cycle so the other med students thought we were on electives instead of interviews. 

41 minutes ago, Birdy said:

Honestly, that’s a big perk of the bags in general. You can identify your classmates easily from down the street and can see if a classmate is rotating in the hospital with you. And come CaRMS time it’s a good icebreaker in the airport (if we go back to in person interviews.) Though as a Mac grad, is and Calgary students were the only purple bags in the airports on our CaRMS cycle so the other med students thought we were on electives instead of interviews. 

what is also pretty cool is when multiple schools merge on mass - like the ontario med student weekends - just a sea of endless bags. 

42 minutes ago, rmorelan said:

what is also pretty cool is when multiple schools merge on mass - like the ontario med student weekends - just a sea of endless bags. 

Which can become incredibly amusing when people who didn’t think to add buttons, clips, or other personalization to their bags get mixed up.