Premed 101 Forums

U of T Interview Discussion 2014

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt it. Theres seems to be about 10 active grad students on this forum. I doubt none of us would get an invite with how few people remain. They said they hoped to have them out on Monday, but like anything in the world the review likely took longer than expected.

We'll all know soon enough.

Thanks for all the feedback. I'll compile them and pass them onto Admissions next year to try and make the process more pleasant for applicants next cycle.

Good luck to everyone still waiting! And for those of you that received regrets, my only advice is to look at your sketch and essays and review who you selected as references- these letters are important and make sure you pick STRONG referees. There is no point in having a stellar application and useless refs. Assess your app for yourself after a few weeks and try and identify areas of weakness.

And remember to keep trying. If it's meant to be, it will happen!

Thanks again, Leon. Regardless of how things turned out for me this year, I feel I've learned a great deal about the process thanks to all the contributors here, and I hope to have the privilege of crossing paths with you next year.

P

I was wondering, how is it fair that some of the people interviewing on the 30th or the 29th already knew about their interview earlier than the ten days we'd have if we do get interviews invites today. I just don't see the logic in holding on to the files, and if rolling applications is the explanation, it makes it even more unfair. *sigh*

I know some people say you don't need time to prep cuz no prep is necessary or even possible, but I would argue, the peace of mind of KNOWING well in advance is an unfair advantage.

Exactly, no clear reason why some are waiting while others already know their spot for the same interview day. *Sigh*...ok I shall calm down.

The reason seems to be that they just didn't finish reviewing our files in time. I suppose it's better to disadvantage a few of us rather than all the March 29/30 interviewees, so might as well send them invites if they're ready.

I would love to rant about how it's taking so long and we submitted our applications on October 1 so there's no good reason our files haven't been reviewed yet.... BUT, for all I know they have a good reason. WHO KNOWS.

Archived