Premed 101 Forums

UofT Interview Invites/Regrets 2018

**Still shaking and crying** 

I never thought I would receive this email, but this goes to dreams can true, when you least expect them to! So to everyone out there with pure intentions, working hard towards their dream, hang in there, and keep striving the best you can! Do not loose yourself in the process, keep your mental and physical well-being in check. I know it's just an interview, but I know how arbitrary the process can be for interview invitation, so I am very honoured and humbled by this opportunity. 

TIME STAMP: Jan 24 @ 1:48pm

Interview Date: Feb 10th (MD), Feb 24th (MD/PhD)

Result: Invite

cGPA: 3.82 (OMSAS), wGPA: 3.96

MCAT: 509 (127/125/130/127)

ECs: 3 years research (0 pubs {1 as 3rd author submitted and in revisions; 1 conference, multiple research days with poster presentations and oral talks); Executive in various clubs; Science Education Outreach; Intramural Sports; Hospital Volunteering; Various jobs since the age of 16; Volunteering and working with religious group; Taking care of special needs sibling.  

Essays: Focused heavily on personal experiences as a minority in each essay, discussed how personal/family life has impacted decision making in education purists; Wrote all 1 week before applications were due, had family members edit and read, 1 friend in med school helped give guidelines on how to best incorporate CanMed clusters in the essays for top 3 ABS items. Did research on UofT's perspective/medical school curriculum in relation to all of the opinion essay topics, and used that to support my opinion. Overall essays were passionate and written quickly, so they had some minor grammatical errors, and most were exactly 250 words, and one or 2 were even slightly over the limit. 

Year: MSc from UofT nearly complete. 4 year BSc in Life Science 

Geography: IP

Feel free to message for more details. 

23 hours ago, yohohoy said:

Does anyone know approximately what percentage of invites have been sent out so far? 

In the MD Applicant Update today, they said that invites have been sent out for February 10, and that there "may be some spots to fill" for March 3/4, so I'd estimate about 50% have been sent out at this point.

TIME STAMP: Jan 24 @ 4:04pm

Interview Date: March 4 (MD)

Result: Invite

cGPA: 3.98

MCAT: 521 (130 129 132 130)

ECs: 3+ years research, community volunteering, extracurricular teacher, mentoring program, active in cultural programs

Essays: Worked really hard for a few days to write the best essays I could, did lots of research on both CanMeds roles and essay topics.

Year: 4th Year UG

Geography: OOP

• Leon pinned this topic