Premed 101 Forums

Dalhousie Dentistry 2025

2 hours ago, LiveLifeToTheMaxillary said:

Can someone give me a reasonable explanation as to why this may be? I don’t understand why they can’t have interviews earlier, like every other school. The DAT doesn’t factor into interview selection, so what’s the hold-up??? 

I have no clue why there is a hold up! The DAT isn’t even considered in interview process, yet it has delayed invites :/

For those who have applied before and received invites, how many weeks/days in advance do they let you know prior to the interview date? 

9 hours ago, Edith said:

As long as you have written the DAT in the last 2 years, you will be considered! Also, this years Feb DAT has been pushed to May- June and is still considered by dal this for this cycle. 

Yes but I know a couple people who haven't written the DAT at all yet and were planning on writing it in February 2021 for the first time and now it got pushed back to May - June... grades take 6 weeks to come out and acceptances are usually sent out early June so how does that work?! Will they even be considered in the application process? This makes no sense to me I don't understand why they didn't just waive it. 

11 hours ago, Edith said:

I have no clue why there is a hold up! The DAT isn’t even considered in interview process, yet it has delayed invites :/

For those who have applied before and received invites, how many weeks/days in advance do they let you know prior to the interview date? 

Last year interview decisions came out April 16 and the interviews were held on May 4-8 and May 11-15! Final acceptances came out June 1.

15 minutes ago, Lego said:

I heard back last night too. Unfortunately it was a no interview email, but congrats to everyone out there that got one! 

Hope you guys see it to dental school this fall! 

That’s very kind, thank you so much! I’m sorry that you didn’t get one. Don’t worry though, there’s always next cycle. I never thought I’d take a gap year yet here I am. 

• 2 weeks later...

For people who got accepted, did any of you use writing courses that weren't English courses. For example a Sociology course or something that has the correct number of wiring assignments (4 small ones and 2 big ones)? I am wanting to apply for Fall 2022, but I am not getting a straight answer from admissions about whether it would count or not as a writing course.

19 hours ago, predentgal said:

For people who got accepted, did any of you use writing courses that weren't English courses. For example a Sociology course or something that has the correct number of wiring assignments (4 small ones and 2 big ones)? I am wanting to apply for Fall 2022, but I am not getting a straight answer from admissions about whether it would count or not as a writing course.

I believe a friend of mine took a writing course that wasn’t English. But still check with the admissions before you make any decisions 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2021 at 11:49 AM, Nessie04 said:

Congrats to everyone that was accepted! Do you guys mind sharing your stats for future reference? I will be applying this fall :) 

Last 60 hours GPA: 4.21, cGPA: 4.11

DAT: PAT: 22, BIO: 20, CHEM: 22

Interview: (Most important part), I feel I did fairly well.