Premed 101 Forums

Is Uworld step 2 a good resource for clerkship?

On 1/12/2021 at 9:58 PM, IMislove said:

It's THE thing to do for NBMEs. If your school does solely in-house (ours just finalized all rotations with in-house), may not need it and can use free resources for learning. It gives practice on applying knowledge though. 

What's good for learning medicine at a clerk level? I don't want to study UWorld if it'll just make me good at test-taking (vs. actually learning medicine effectively).

UWorld is more test oriented so not the best for "learning" in general per se, but if you combine UWorld+First Aid you will get a lot more out of it. You can even tackle First Aid for step 3 if you want to up a notch.

Doing UWorld does keep you motivated to study if you set a schedule and do a fixed number of questions per day/week etc. Unless of course you study better by just reading books. Some people like studying by doing questions rather than reading books.

8 hours ago, gogogo said:

What's good for learning medicine at a clerk level? I don't want to study UWorld if it'll just make me good at test-taking (vs. actually learning medicine effectively).

Doesn't mean they can't be one in the same - Uworld will cover most common topics that you should know as a clerk, and then some. If all you did was UWORLD, you would be in a strong footing for knowledge base- and then apply it to the real world on a day to day basis by learning the "flow" and guidelines for your respective rotation.

On 1/14/2021 at 1:15 PM, JohnGrisham said:

Doesn't mean they can't be one in the same - Uworld will cover most common topics that you should know as a clerk, and then some. If all you did was UWORLD, you would be in a strong footing for knowledge base- and then apply it to the real world on a day to day basis by learning the "flow" and guidelines for your respective rotation.

I agree with this.