Premed 101 Forums

McGill Med-P and Dent-P Acceptance, Waitlist and Rejections for Fall 2021

bbpremed

4 hours ago, Klark said:

Hello, as far as I know, they did not open more spots for either campus (last year they opened more spots for university applicants and 0 for cegep applicants so if McGill has more spots to offer this year, I expect the same thing to happen). I hope this helps!

Yep, I still think its 50:20 (MTL:OUT), but I can't say if the WL will go that far up as last year. IMO I think last year was an anomaly since for my year, 2019, it went up to 35-40 and I find 109-115 to be wayyyy too high. However, the WL may go up to the 100s since there was no in-person MMIs (or none for the French Unis); regardless, you'll have to wait till the end of the summer so keep your options open just in case. Wish you the best of luck!

31 minutes ago, Dr.House said:

Yep, I still think its 50:20 (MTL:OUT), but I can't say if the WL will go that far up as last year. IMO I think last year was an anomaly since for my year, 2019, it went up to 35-40 and I find 109-115 to be wayyyy too high. However, the WL may go up to the 100s since there was no in-person MMIs (or none for the French Unis); regardless, you'll have to wait till the end of the summer so keep your options open just in case. Wish you the best of luck!

Do you remember how far the WL went for the MTL campus in 2019? 

15 minutes ago, MedGoal2021 said:

Hey guys, 

I'm looking to accept my Med-P offer but when I do, this is what shows up. I accepted my offer for BSc Pharmacology about a month ago and paid the deposit. Anyone having the same issue? 609381426_ScreenShot2021-05-12at11_51_23AM.png.b88f44d716d749ab6147ca300b97d9c2.png

That's normal! If you've already accepted another offer they need to transfer you manually. There's more info in the bottom section of this page: https://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/newmedp/conditions

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello all, I am ranked 32nd on the waiting list for Dent-P at McGill, and I just recieved an offer this morning. I will probably decline this offer in favor of med school.

Also, I'm including a screenshot of the waitlist progress as of June 9, 2021, in hopes that this will be somewhat useful for future candidates.

image.png.39bfa9a5d99d30a06459742d5d752be1.png

Best of luck to everyone!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...