Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted / Waitlisted/ Rejected - 2022 Cycle

48 minutes ago, PTHopeful21 said:

Hey everyone, I got rejected by UofT earlier today (pretty bummed). These are my stats:

• Applied: PT at UofT and UBC
  • Accepted: UBC interview
  • Waitlisted:
  • Rejected: UofT
  • GPA: sGPA: 92% for UBC, 3.96 for UofT, pre-req GPA: 93% for UBC, about the same for UofT
  • CASPer: 3rd quartile

Wow sorry to hear that. Possibly they made a mistake and you could contact them (I got a CAP invite with a 3.95)? 3.96 is a really high GPA, is this on a 4.0 scale for Uoft? I would be really surprised if a 3.96 didn't even get a CAP invite for UofT considering the highest in prior years was 3.83.

• Applied: PT at UofT and UBC
  • Accepted: UBC interview, CAP invite
  • Waitlisted:
  • Rejected: 
  • GPA: sGPA: sGPA: 93% for UBC, 3.95 for UofT... Cumulative GPA for UofT 3.87
  • CASPer: 4th quartile

3 minutes ago, PTHopeful21 said:

Yeah I was a bit surprised but idk

The 3.96 is what was calculated on the ORPAS application which I'm assuming is what's used by UofT? Maybe I'm wrong though.

Hey, sorry to hear that you didn't get a CAP invitation. I had a 3.96 sgpa and I got an invitation so its kinda odd that you didn't! I really think you should contact them to see if they maybe made a mistake! 

1 minute ago, saskpt22 said:

Hey, sorry to hear that you didn't get a CAP invitation. I had a 3.96 sgpa and I got an invitation so its kinda odd that you didn't! I really think you should contact them to see if they maybe made a mistake! 

Not even sure what I would say. It seems kinda bold to just say "Hey, I think you made a mistake"

2 minutes ago, PTHopeful21 said:

Not even sure what I would say. It seems kinda bold to just say "Hey, I think you made a mistake"

just be like I have a few peers with similar sgpa that got an invitation and I was wondering if its possible to get more clarification as to why I didn't. this way you're not telling them that they made a mistake rather you're just asking for clarification

3 minutes ago, saskpt22 said:

just be like I have a few peers with similar sgpa that got an invitation and I was wondering if its possible to get more clarification as to why I didn't. this way you're not telling them that they made a mistake rather you're just asking for clarification

Alright I guess there's no harm in giving it a shot. Thanks.

17 minutes ago, PTHopeful21 said:

Alright I guess there's no harm in giving it a shot. Thanks.

I definitely agree with saskpt22. Especially when it’s based off of sgpa. If there were other factors in the decision I wouldn’t be so sure. Furthermore, the cutoffs for the cap prior to this year were always below 3.83 there’s no way the cutoff changes by that much in one year. Possibly a missed document or something that they can reconsider and give you an invite. Hopefully it all works out!

30 minutes ago, kondoom88 said:

I definitely agree with saskpt22. Especially when it’s based off of sgpa. If there were other factors in the decision I wouldn’t be so sure. Furthermore, the cutoffs for the cap prior to this year were always below 3.83 there’s no way the cutoff changes by that much in one year. Possibly a missed document or something that they can reconsider and give you an invite. Hopefully it all works out!

I think they also consider references but that still seems really weird. A 3.96 GPA is so high, and I'd expect someone with such an average likely also has good references. And for a not-so-great reference to not disqualify if the gpa is that high

1 minute ago, FingersCrossed_OT said:

I think they also consider references but that still seems really weird. A 3.96 GPA is so high, and I'd expect someone with such an average likely also has good references. And for a not-so-great reference to not disqualify if the gpa is that high

Yep that’s exactly what I think. I think it’s missing documents or something the schol did wrong on their end

Thought I would update everyone. Got an email back from UofT, the subGPA cutoff this year was 3.84 and they had over 1300 applications. They look at the whole application but they couldn't give me any more information about why I didn't get a cap invite. Might be because I'm OOP but not really sure.  

Just keeping my fingers crossed with UBC.

Thanks to everyone for the advice :)

On 3/28/2022 at 12:56 PM, yipee said:

Congrats to everyone who was accepted! Curious if anyone has recommendations for online schools to upgrade your sub GPA. Didn't get an offer this year so I want to give myself the best shot for next year.

A friend of mine is currently using University of Alberta! 

44 minutes ago, OT_applicant said:

Hey guys, U of A OOP OT applicant here!

I logged into my U of A account today and my status says pre-screening. This is the second step, does anyone know what the first step was and when we can expect to hear back? 

If my memory is correct the first step is just application submitted. We should hear from them towards the end of April or early May! The last couple years have trended from middle of April to late April. Each year seems to take a bit longer!