Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted / Waitlisted/ Rejected - 2022 Cycle

Applied: PT at Western, Queens, McMaster and UofT

Accepted: PT at Western, Queens, McMaster and UofT

Waitlisted: N/A

Rejected: N/A

S-GPA: 3.89

Casper: 4th quartile

Very happy with how things turned out! Just wanted to thank this forum for the support these last months. This was an extremely stressful and anxiety inducing process, that being said if anyone needs help or guidance in the future, please feel free to reach out. I am no expert, but I would be happy to share what worked for me.

17 minutes ago, Physio19 said:

Applied: PT at Western, Queens, McMaster and UofT

Accepted: PT at Western, Queens, McMaster and UofT

Waitlisted: N/A

Rejected: N/A

S-GPA: 3.89

Very happy with how things turned out! Just wanted to thank this forum for the support these last months. This was an extremely stressful and anxiety inducing process, that being said if anyone needs help or guidance in the future, please feel free to reach out. I am no expert, but I would be happy to share what worked for me.

Wow congratulations! This is amazing. Do you know which school you will be accepting?

Applied (PT): UofT, Queens, Western, McMaster
Accepted: Queens, Western
Waitlisted:
Rejected: UofT, McMaster
s-GPA: 3.92

Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references: Experience working in a long term care home and private physiotherapy clinic. Strong references from a physiotherapist and my undergrad thesis supervisor. I felt pretty good after writing the CAP so a little upset about that one, but glad to have queens and western as options! Not too sure yet which one I’d like to accept, so if anyone has any tips on how to decide let me know hahah

1 hour ago, BKin.d said:

Nothing definitive on my end from McMaster either but I don't have the "application is under review" (it is just blank).

Same here haven't heard anything back from Mac PT. Heard from some people who got emails and rejected and some who got accepted. Im thinking maybe the people who haven't heard anything are potentially being placed on the waitlist. Wondering if anyone else has also thought this or has other ideas?

12 minutes ago, 2ndtimePTapp said:

Same here haven't heard anything back from Mac PT. Heard from some people who got emails and rejected and some who got accepted. Im thinking maybe the people who haven't heard anything are potentially being placed on the waitlist. Wondering if anyone else has also thought this or has other ideas?

Oooo good call :( I don’t think I’ve seen any Mac PT waitlist posts, and they give out the exact position I think which would’ve stood out 

Just thought I should post this as well! First time applying, hopefully this helps someone applying next year.

Applied + (PT or OT?): PT: UBC, UOFT, Western, McMaster, Dal
Accepted: UBC, Dal
Waitlisted: ( got interviews for all schools applied)
Rejected Post interviews: UofT, McMaster, Western (no interview process for this one), 
GPA:c-gpa and s-gpa: sgpa 3.86 .. 96.5% 

Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references:

• - volunteering in different clinics neuro, cardio, pelvic floor, msk, working with various populations/ages.. done a lot of volunteering working with sports teams, coaching sports teams at different levels (ymca, schools).. 
  • - working retail, hospital, restaurant, and clinical jobs.. references from my professors who taught me in 3 classes minimum, was able to connect with them early on and provide them with plenty of information on creating strong reference letters. 
  • - my interview for UBC went extremely well.. prepped last minute but using CASPER study tips i feel like i did well.

Applied (OT): Western, UofT, Queens

Accepted: UofT (St.George campus) and Queens

Waitlisted: None

Rejected: Western

subGPA: 3.81 cGPA: 3.66

3rd quartile CASPer

I applied last year and I was waitlisted for Western and rejected from the rest. Over the past year I worked in a health care role and my courses from the winter semester helped boost my gpa. I had references from a professor who I did research with as well as my work supervisor. 

update: accepted queens

2 hours ago, PT2 said:

Anyone else on the UofT PT waitlist receive info about activating their joinid? Not sure if that is a good sign or if everyone on the waitlist receives that email.

hey, I got this email as well but not so sure if it's a good sign. Let's hope for the best. I am not able to log in cause I don't have the UT student number as I didn't get the offer letter. Where did you find your UT student number if you don't mind me asking?

Congrats to everyone who received an offer of admission and to those who obtained a spot on the waitlist or who have been rejected, hope you all remain hopeful! I have a question to those who have been waitlisted at queens ot - what time did you receive an email? 

15 minutes ago, pt90 said:

hey, I got this email as well but not so sure if it's a good sign. Let's hope for the best. I am not able to log in cause I don't have the UT student number as I didn't get the offer letter. Where did you find your UT student number if you don't mind me asking?

I am not able to login either for the same reason! Do you think we should contact them and ask if we are supposed to?

1 hour ago, PT2 said:

I am not able to login either for the same reason! Do you think we should contact them and ask if we are supposed to?

Yeah I think so but do you think we should log in immediately? If not, maybe we can wait till Tue and see if they figured it out themselves?

2 hours ago, hereforOT said:

Applied (OT): Western, UofT, Queens

Accepted: UofT (St.George campus) and Queens

Waitlisted: None

Rejected: Western

subGPA: 3.81 cGPA: 3.66

3rd quartile CASPer

I applied last year and I was waitlisted for Western and rejected from the rest. Over the past year I worked in a health care role and my courses from the winter semester helped boost my gpa. I had references from a professor who I did research with as well as my work supervisor. I will most likely be accepting Queens:)

Can I ask why you’re choosing queens over U of T? I have offers to both and am so torn as to which one to choose!!