Premed 101 Forums

MCAT Score on Portal

1 hour ago, Proper12 said:

I sent my MCAT scores to Dal in mid-July, and I still do not see a received status for my score on the portal. Does anyone else have this issue?

Sent it off in July as well and don't see this either. Where do we check received/not received status? I just see my Application Summary and 'Complete.'

Sent it off in July as well and don't see this either. Where do we check received/not received status? I just see my Application Summary and 'Complete.'

You can check the portal you where submitted your section 1, and you should be able to see any outstanding requirements on there.

Also, called the admissions office and I was told that they are in the process of receiving and verifying scores, so it might take some time for the MCAT status to be updated.

46 minutes ago, Proper12 said:

You can check the portal you where submitted your section 1, and you should be able to see any outstanding requirements on there.

Also, called the admissions office and I was told that they are in the process of receiving and verifying scores, so it might take some time for the MCAT status to be updated.

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

I just realized I put my MCAT scores into the Dal app in the same order as it appears on the AAMC website, but the Dal app is in a different order :mellow: I sent an email to admissions to explain that it was a mistake on my part but I’m above the individual and total score cutoffs regardless. Will sending an email even get a response at this point (since I’m sure they get tons at this time)? I really hope I don’t get a rejection just because of this fml. 

12 minutes ago, corgi321 said:

Anyone's MCAT still not verified? I released my score back in July and did it in September again (took the exam in 2020) but my score still hasn't been verified - double checked that the score I entered in my app is correct and everything

They still haven't verified my score either. I wrote the exam last year, AAMC released end of Aug 2021. I got an email reminding me to release and enter my MCAT score into the portal which spooked me, but I think it was mass emailed to all applicants? The end of the email mentions they'll be verifying throughout October, and that confirmation AAMC released our score is proof that Dal recieved our results. 

image.png.05b6caaae3daa1ddd51dc954b16a698b.png

9 minutes ago, User6124 said:

I just realized I put my MCAT scores into the Dal app in the same order as it appears on the AAMC website, but the Dal app is in a different order :mellow: I sent an email to admissions to explain that it was a mistake on my part but I’m above the individual and total score cutoffs regardless. Will sending an email even get a response at this point (since I’m sure they get tons at this time)? I really hope I don’t get a rejection just because of this fml. 

The email I recieved today has a point about discrepancies.

image.png.6c425cff9c072f4fc8378387a8e7ec2f.png

On 9/14/2021 at 12:17 AM, WaitingTooLong said:

My MCAT score wasn’t verified last year and I was rejected. 

I could see this being a thing they do for OOPs; if I was on the adcom and had to turn around 900 OOP applications in the space of 7-8 weeks, and I only looked at the Maritime connection essay pre-interview (other than using CASPer/GPA/MCAT cutoffs), I would spend my time reading those 900 essays. Then when I have my top 60-100 OOPs that I want to interview, I would verify only those MCATs

Pure speculation but it makes sense. Ideally you would just go through and verify everyone's MCAT, but with Dal having such a quick turnaround for interview invites I wouldn't be surprised

On 10/13/2021 at 1:54 PM, Excel-erate Your Breath said:

I could see this being a thing they do for OOPs; if I was on the adcom and had to turn around 900 OOP applications in the space of 7-8 weeks, and I only looked at the Maritime connection essay pre-interview (other than using CASPer/GPA/MCAT cutoffs), I would spend my time reading those 900 essays. Then when I have my top 60-100 OOPs that I want to interview, I would verify only those MCATs

Pure speculation but it makes sense. Ideally you would just go through and verify everyone's MCAT, but with Dal having such a quick turnaround for interview invites I wouldn't be surprised

Now that it's mid-Oct, any OOPs out there whose mcat is still not verified? 

OOP here, mine has been verified since the 12th, but it's important to note that Dal did officially say they were verifying THROUGHOUT October, so I'm not sure if being unverified at this point is a major red flag. I would recommend emailing Dal for posterity though if you are unsure and worried. Also apparently being unverified on the official portal is meaningless, according to this forum from years passed some people have been accepted without their MCAT being stated as verified on the portal (that being said they did send it to Dal and AAMC said that the scores had been released).

1 hour ago, mayerzttey said:

Mine still not verified.

"MCAT-Due to the large volume of applications submitted we will be verifying MCAT scores throughout the month of October. If you have released your scores via the AAMC-MCAT website to Dalhousie and have received confirmation from AAMC-MCAT please consider this proof that Dalhousie has received your results."

That is what Dal sent me when I emailed them before it was verified on the portal.