Premed 101 Forums

Invite/regret MDCM (this is not MED-P) 2022

Med201920

14 minutes ago, Tati33 said:

Hello !! 

Hope everyone is doing well while waiting for the offers !

Do you guys know if we will receive the offer/refusal letter on the 31th or is it only Minerva that'll be updated? 

Thank you ! :)

probably both with a delay on the email like the interview invites!

• 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, Tati33 said:

5 days !!!! :wub:

how do you guys feel?

Feeling like time is simultaneously flying by and going so slow lol hard to think about much else these days. Wish I wasn’t working the 31st, it’ll be torture not being able to check Minerva often haha 

1 hour ago, ceelbe said:

Feeling like time is simultaneously flying by and going so slow lol hard to think about much else these days. Wish I wasn’t working the 31st, it’ll be torture not being able to check Minerva often haha 

hahah yes im planning on taking a sick day on Thursday.. confident I will be feeling quite sick that day :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I am currently doing my second year of PharmD at UdeM and was thinking of applying to the MCDM in the future. I wanted to know if it is possible to apply without having finished my previous program (I did CEGEP and will have 86 credits if I apply next year) or if I should be graduating during the year of application to apply for the MCDM.

(I should be graduating in June 2024 so if I apply next year I would still have one year left in my PharmD.)

• 3 months later...
On 4/8/2022 at 2:53 PM, Emerade0,5mg said:

Hello, I am currently doing my second year of PharmD at UdeM and was thinking of applying to the MCDM in the future. I wanted to know if it is possible to apply without having finished my previous program (I did CEGEP and will have 86 credits if I apply next year) or if I should be graduating during the year of application to apply for the MCDM.

(I should be graduating in June 2024 so if I apply next year I would still have one year left in my PharmD.)

Hello, not sure if you got your answer, but it seems that the degree needs to be completed The degree used as the basis of admission must be successfully completed and conferred by July 31 of the year of entry to the first year of the M.D.,C.M. program. 

you can check Mcgill Webiste for more details : https://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/applying/requirements/requirements-edu/degree-requirements

Hope this helps :)

• 1 year later...

Hi guys,

I'm a third year kinesiology student. I would like to apply for an undergraduate or graduate program of physical therapy. Does anybody know which one would be great to apply before medicine?

I was thinking about the baccalauréat en physiothérapie de l'Université de Montréal or the Master in physical therapy from McGill. If I do the Master at McGill do I get a chance to apply for med at McGill? Is there like a number of credits that I must do before applying? 

I heard it was not the best to apply for med with a BSc + Master than a BSc + BSc, cuz the Master counts as a small bonus or something... Also because McGill will only check the undergraduate program that I want them to evaluate.

Btw I recently saw online one of my high school friends starting med McGill this year and he did a Master of biochem McGill + an undergraduate BSc of biochem at the Université de Montreal. That made me question myself because I completely thought a Master wouldn't change anything. 

Help please!

Thank youu :)