Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

Accepted!!

Omg I'm crying so much.

Guys just keep trying. Oh my god.

Will post stats!

Stats:

GPA low to mid 80s

MCAT above cutoffs

Two attempts

Felt the interview was flipping fantastic. Had a total blast. Was not nervous at all!

Lots of ECs

Accepting the offer.

I've waited 4 application cycles and 4 interviews to say this.

ACCEPTED! (chalk one up for the non-trads)

IP

Kelowna campus (though considering putting my name on waitlist for Vancouver campus for family reasons).

MCAT 32S

GPA - 3.8/4.3

% - 82.2 (that doesn't take into consideration dropping lowest 30 credits which I was eligible for)

EC's - nothing special, though have worked as a registered nurse since 2005 in a variety of settings.

Interview: Did not think it went particularly well, thought I performed much better the previous year, thought I absolutely butchered the essay section (rambling and barely coherent with ineligible handwriting).

For everyone who got regrets, I have been there three times and it totally sucks, but use it has motivation to improve you application for the next cycle.

Accepted.

IP

4th year first time.

BS:12 VR:10 PS: 13 - 35Q

GPA: 87%

ECs were the strength of my application.

Interview: Felt okay, despite coming down with a bad cold.

Best of luck to anyone applying next year!

I wish my username was doctorg now...oh well. :)

Accepted!

After 6 years of applying and regrets from ut this morning i can finally say ... Accepted!

A dream come true for sure!

Aq 84%

naq about 40ish based on a doubling 20 from last year.

Mmi? Didnt feel good about it but said i will just be myself and stopped caring about what the right answer migh be. Didnt practice this year!

Cannot believe it i am soooooo happy! This forum was a huge source of support!

Clngrats to everyone! For those waitlisted i wish u the best - i know from experience thats its tough!

For those that received regrets... Keep trying it will happen if you want it... When it does all those years of regrets are worth it in the end!!!!

Accepted.

GPA: 3.56 (cumulative) or 89%

Extra Curriculars (average): hospital and community volunteering for less than two years, no extensive research experience, long-term self-employment, and a few interesting hobbies/achievements

MCAT: 32 Q (10 PS, 11 VR, 11 BS)

I am a BC resident that just completed my B.Sc. (in five years instead of four) and this was my second time applying (the first time I didn't even get an interview) to UBC

I'm super excited right now... accepted, VFMP!

IP, first time applying

GPA ~87% (SFU CGPA ~4.0), dropped 30 did not apply

MCAT 40S

ECs on the weak side:

For long term, only a position for three years with my student society; some shorter term things that were only 8 months at the June 1 cutoff; a couple things I'd only started for a couple weeks before the cutoff (I'm not sure if they counted these at all, but I had space!). Some one-off things (student competitions) as well and the usual hobbies and travelling. Had a couple terms of co-op experience though - I think this may have helped more than I thought it would!

Interview:

Couldn't get a read on how well it went, but I guess I had what they were looking for. When they came to SFU they emphasized being "authentic", which made me more confident in my interview as I made sure to practice just enough to be comfortable with the format but not sound rehearsed.

Accepted!!

4th Year IP

GPA: ~92%

MCAT: 40O

ECs: Music (ARCT in piano, choir)/theatre, pretty standard volunteering/leadership stuff, research (no pubs)

Interview: Hard to tell. I felt good coming out of it, but started to doubt my performance as time went on...

Accepted VFMP

IP

Overall GPA: 81-83% (??)

MCAT: 33R (9PS/11VR/13BS)

ECs: research (with pub), int'l competed athlete, volunteer work, shadowing, uni groups, violin, other sports, etc

Interview: went well - was my 2nd time interviewing so I wasn't caught off guard