Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

Offered. (I'm in shock)

Edit: Finished UG. IP. VFMP Location (1st choice)

Was rejected after interview last year. My scores last year:

OGPA 84%

Pre GPA 81%

AQ Score 30.53

NAQ Score 32.41 (long term volunteering in hospitals, short term jobs locally and non locally, teaching abroad, lots of long term personal hobbies and interests)

Interview Score Average

MCAT: (9/9/12)P

I think I did better on my interviews and NAQ score this year, and my 2nd MCAT was a 34 (11/11/12).

I don't have a competitive application, so I'm so thankful to have gotten an offer.

Good luck to everyone else still waiting!

OOP - Accepted to VFMP (1st choice)

aGPA - 88% (I think)

MCAT - 36Q (11/13/12)

Rejected from Mac MMI, rejected from Sask MMI, waitlisted at Queens MMI/Panel, but accepted Vancouver MMI. So hard to interpret my performance.

I will be declining this offer in favour of U of T. Best of luck to those on the waitlist, and congratulations to those who will be accepting their offer!

YAAAAAHOOOOOOO! :D :D :D

Result: Accepted!

3rd year OOP

GPA: 89.1%

MCAT: 14/12/13

EC's: Hospice volunteering, lifeguard/swim instructor, first aid stuff, volunteering with vulnerable populations, research with a publication in a high impact journal, golf, various sports etc....

Interview: Felt incredible! I really connected with the faculty and city!

I will without a doubt be accepting and look forward to meeting you guys in the fall! Also, I will be rejecting Ottawa and U of C... (Hope that makes someones day)

Edit: VFMP campus...

IP, 3rd year IMP ACCEPTANCE

Time stamp: 11:36 AM

GPA: ~91%

MCAT: 13/13/12

ECs: see interview invite thread

Interview: went okay, but it was my first one so I don't think it was my best.

Deciding between Calgary and UBC. Feel so lucky to have a choice.

Congrats all! And to those who didn't get in this year, keep your chin up. You're all great!

Timestamp: 2:17pm

Result: Accepted! VFMP

IP

Finishing MSc

GPA: ~88%

MCAT: 12/11/12

EC's: Lots of research (conferences, no pubs), volunteer tutoring, hospital volunteering, intramural sports... nothing too spectacular

Interview: Felt good about maybe half of them, was unsure on the others. I guess they were alright!

Accepted.

aGPA about 81-82%

NAQ score last year 38? (that was pretty high with the old NAQ)

MCAT: 33S

This was my seventh year applying (yes you read that right). First interview at UBC. Interviewed at UofC last year but rejected post-interview.

I flunked out of UBC in 1999. I have a 42% average from that year, fortunately it was dropped and I guess it wasn't enough to get me red flag rejected! I was worried it might.

I am not really feeling much but I think I am shocked.

I really had given up on UBC and was so surprised that I got the interview, and in fact I didn't even know that UBC was releasing invites that day. I moved to the Yukon to gain IP status in Alberta and Sask after UBC dropped the 10-year-rule.

I am really surprised.

RESULT: Accepted!!! at NMP (my top choice) IP applicant.

GPA:

cGPA: 3.54. Got an F and a D in first semester. Very strong upward trend where I only got one A- in the last 2 years and everything else is higher.

MCAT: PS- 13 VR- 13 BS- 12

ECs: Typical hospital ones (few years), itsy bitsy amount of research, and lots of work experience. Graduated last year and have just been working.

Interview: I feel pretty bad about it. There were definitely a few stations that I knew were great but there were many more that I felt truly sucked. Of the 3 interviews, I was confident it was my worst. The essay at the end totally blind sided me but I did make an effort to make it personal.

I will be accepting this offer and declining my one at Queen's and pulling off the waitlist at McMaster. SO pumped.

Regrets after interview

IP

OGPA: 86.58

AGPA: 87.47

Pre-Req: 85.80

AQ: 28.58

NAQ: 24.90

TFR: 53.48

MCAT: 29/N (10PS/9VR/10BS)

Interview: Below Average

Fourth time applying to and interviewing with UBC. Old stats are as follows:

Regrets :(

2013 Stats

IP

OGPA: 86.58

AGPA: 87.47

Pre-Req: 85.8

AQ: 41.57

NAQ: 29.2

TFR: 70.77

2012 Stats

IP

NAQ Score 30.06

TFR Score 71.63

I'd have to hunt down my 2011 stats for the AQ/NAQ, but I had an Average Interview score that year. Funny, cuz I felt like a blabbering idiot that cycle.

Accepted IMP (1st choice)

Undergrad - (BA & BSC) ... I know I was doing UG way too long!

IP Applicant (UBC is the only school I applied to and 1st year applying)

aGPA: 88ish

MCAT: 9B/9P/10V (Q)

EC's: 10 years of work experience at a variety of jobs from tech support to provincial government, 3 years of medically related volunteering and 5 years non-related volunteering, tutor, sports, etc (0 research though)

Interview: felt good about 70% of the MMI stations but I tend to be overcritical

Just wanted to give some hope to those older applicants (30+) who don't have a stellar MCAT. Remember if you truly want this then it's not a matter of if but simply a matter of when.

Accepted to SMP! (2nd choice, after NMP). IP undergrad, 2nd time applying, 1st time interview.

AGPA was probably 91ish... MCAT was 34Q (11PS 11V 12BS)

ECs: Volunteering @ blood clinic & donor recruitment, Seniors Home, soup kitchen, & a handful of one-time events. Also play musical instrument, and did a non-reasearch pub related to a personal hobby.

Accepted IP at VFMP!!!!

AGPA:88%

MCAT: 10/12/12

NAQ: MSc in allied health field, community advocacy and counseling volunteering and lots of research

Interview: Felt fairly good about it but of course started to doubt myself as the days wore on

I am in Vietnam right now so stayed up till 2 am to get the offer! Couldn't sleep after. UBC was my first choice and I will definitely be accepting!

I'm a (BC) resident in (undergraduate) studies. My GPA was (79%) and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: (13)

Verbal: (9)

Biological Sciences: (11)

Written Sample: (S)

I was (accepted) by UBC. This is my (second) time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend (UBC Med School) as my first choice.

Accepted May 15th, time stamp 11:17 am

VFMP! (1st choice) - IP

2nd time applying. Waitlisted until the end of august last year... ahh the memories...

aGPA 89%

MCAT 29 (yup)

Good luck to those on the waitlist this year! I know its not easy to deal with the uncertainty, but know that you were deemed admissible, so be proud!

To those who got regrets, don't give up hope!! If this is what you want to do, keep knocking on that door and they will eventually say hello! Every year is a new beginning!