Premed 101 Forums

For those of us still waiting....

yea...it was work....FIGURES!

I have this tendancy to hope that I get the call on one of my days off so that I can open the bottle of champagne that has been sitting in the fridge...since May 14th....*tear*

I promise not to post another unknown number scare...

Haha. My friend and I finished the champagne on May 16 (i.e. the day we found out about Western). I needed the drink regardless I was on the waitlist or not.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hulkrules....you post is a little ambiguous....

"people on the wait list have been called"....ie: they've started? or they've called everyone they're going to?

Also pretty sure that 'class is full' e-mail didn't come out until mid-late summer last year.

I talked to them yesterday in the office and the lady told me that they HAVE NOT called wait listed people yet and probably will not be this week. She said she is waiting still for people to reply back from first round acceptances and they will not call people off the wait list until they hear back from them.

sorry for that,

I asked if people on the waitlist have been called yet, to which I received an affirmative answer. By no means was there any indication to the quantity just that there have been. It is odd that different answers are being given. does anyone know how many offers have been accepted and the deadlines to accept offers for other schools? Does anyone know how the 25 points for grades were allocated (ie. would 4.0=max and 3.7=0 pts)? Never got a straight answer.

I talked to them yesterday in the office and the lady told me that they HAVE NOT called wait listed people yet and probably will not be this week. She said she is waiting still for people to reply back from first round acceptances and they will not call people off the wait list until they hear back from them.

People who were accepted initially had until the May 29th deadline. If they are still waiting to hear back from them they should be SOL by now. Unbelievable that Western is running a week behind every other school in the country in contacting the waitlist.

sorry for that,

I asked if people on the waitlist have been called yet, to which I received an affirmative answer. By no means was there any indication to the quantity just that there have been. It is odd that different answers are being given. does anyone know how many offers have been accepted and the deadlines to accept offers for other schools? Does anyone know how the 25 points for grades were allocated (ie. would 4.0=max and 3.7=0 pts)? Never got a straight answer.

I have a hard time believing that they've called people off of the waitlist and yet no one on the forum has gotten word. I'd say that either they've called VERY few people, or they have not yet called.

As far as the points, it has been posted on this site that in years past, people have gotten approx. 17 of the 25 points per section (GPA/MCAT) for meeting the cutoffs.

People who were accepted initially had until the May 29th deadline. If they are still waiting to hear back from them they should be SOL by now. Unbelievable that Western is running a week behind every other school in the country in contacting the waitlist.

Its very strange, but Western *may* have given people the benefit of the doubt in responding because of the email issue they had on May 15th/16th. Who knows.

hulkrules When I asked her she said she had not called anyone off the wait list yet.

I know why you maybe confused because she said she has called about 4 people but those calls are to figure out what they are doing with their acceptance. She confused me first a bit too and then I was like so no calls have gone out to wait list people and she said 100% yes, no calls for wait list people.

The way she sounded and what she implied was that earliest is next week.

This was yesterday around 2:00pm.

I have a hard time believing that they've called people off of the waitlist and yet no one on the forum has gotten word. I'd say that either they've called VERY few people, or they have not yet called.

As far as the points, it has been posted on this site that in years past, people have gotten approx. 17 of the 25 points per section (GPA/MCAT) for meeting the cutoffs.

hey, thanks for that, the 17/25 points is no longer posted anywhere? I am worried as my GPA was lower but MCAT was decent. Does anyone have confirmation on how SWOMEN is favored?

hey, thanks for that, the 17/25 points is no longer posted anywhere? I am worried as my GPA was lower but MCAT was decent. Does anyone have confirmation on how SWOMEN is favored?

This SWOMEN newsletter makes it seem as though they've done away with post-interview bonus points for SWOMEN applicants in favour of the lower MCAT cutoffs:

http://www.swomen.ca/uploads/Newsletter/newsletter_vol4_final.pdf

Really? how do people know that?

I'm not questioning the validity of your statement.... I'm legitimately interested as I always kinda wondered how that worked myself

Really? how do people know that?

I'm not questioning the validity of your statement.... I'm legitimately interested as I always kinda wondered how that worked myself

I think that a number of years ago, a couple of people that used to post here were members of the admissions committee. It may have changed, or have been blatantly incorrect, but this is the info we have to go by. If you think about it, if the cutoffs = 0/25, people who just made the cutoffs would be at so severe a disadvantage that likely very few of them would be able to make it into the class. Spending the time and energy to interview them would likely be wasted effort on the school's part...

Archived