Premed 101 Forums

For those of us still waiting....

i dont see how anyone really knows that answer other than maybe darla, hammond and chan,,,and i doubt the students on the admissions committee would count (cause is that really on their mind at that point)....but to me,,,"very few" would mean 10-20, thats how i interpret it

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think that number's ever been published anywhere. I've heard Dr. Chan say "a few" but not give more details than that.

But really, the interviewers are more-or-less on your side. Your interview would have to go phenomenonally, spectacularly, horribly wrong for two of your interviewers to rank you as unsuitable for medicine.

I dont know if anyone else has been keeping an eye on this but looking at the size of the Schulich Meds 2012 facebook group isn't very encouraging. Its already at 42 members and I think its safe to assume that the number is actually substantially larger...Its rather worrisome for us waitlisters

I was wondering if we're waitlisted, do we also get something in the mail? They asked as for phone numbers if we wish to remain on the waitlist, do we just email them back with the numbers or are we suppose to get some form in the mail and send it back to them?

I was wondering if we're waitlisted, do we also get something in the mail? They asked as for phone numbers if we wish to remain on the waitlist, do we just email them back with the numbers or are we suppose to get some form in the mail and send it back to them?

I don't think we're going to be recieving anything in the mail - I personally emailed them back and they replied thanking me for the information.

does anybody know for sure when all the first round offers for all of the schools need to be answered by? I read on one thread it was the 29th or 30th for Western?

Any accepted people out there to shed some light?

You need to reply by the 29th. However, provisional acceptances only become firm after june 13th I think. So you probably will get a round of WL calls some time next week and another wave following june 13th.

a little off topic but i'm sure a few of us are in the same boat where we've been waitlisted at both queen's and western...personally i strongly prefer western but i'm not gonna complain if i get into either...thats why i'm wondering waht i should do if i get into queen's...i'm guessing they give you two weeks like the 'originals' or do they allow you to provisionally accept and give you 4 weeks?

I am not sure, I would assume they would give you time to make a decision.

Anyone else feeling like they are not going to get off the more they they think about how badly their interview went? The more I think about how I got waitlisted the more I realize where I could have gone wrong - really sucks!

For some reason...one week rings a bell. As in, you only have a week or so to make that decision. But, I could be wrong!

I think if you get off the waiting list at one, you dont have much option to stay on a list at another.

This isn't really based on facts though!

does anybody know for sure when all the first round offers for all of the schools need to be answered by? I read on one thread it was the 29th or 30th for Western?

Any accepted people out there to shed some light?

"We won't be going to our wait list for a couple of weeks. You just have to hang in there and be patient, which I know is extremely difficult to do. We can't give you any information regarding the wait list - sorry." - quoted from an email from Darla McNeil, Admissions Manager on May 28, 08

Thanks, but I just called and they said they are just sorting out the mail and will be sending them soon...wtf??

This sounds more likely - they need to give waitlisted acceptees that are provisionally accepted elsewhere a bit of time to reply before their provisional acceptances become firm on the 13th. I bet we'll hear about people getting calls within the next few days.

last to notify successful applicants on May 16th, last to notify waitlist acceptances..... hhhhmmmmm....... do they not have their act together this year?

Well, the longer they wait, the further they may have to go into their waiting list.... I'm okay with that. Either way, I can't see them waiting too much longer to get started with sending out the 2nd round acceptances. Good luck to all of us.

Quite frankly guys, if they actually don't go into the waitlist until a few weeks..its better for those of who hold no acceptances. Provisional will become firm and necessarily force those who are waitlisted with a provisional acceptance off.

Yet its also EXTREMELY EXTREMELY UNFAIR and EXTREMELY EXTREMELY UNPROFESSIONAL.

Are they only going to call us or are they going to email us as well?....it kinda sucks that they are holding off on going through their waitlist because it just means that people who may have really wanted to go to Western may be kicked off the list on teh 13th due to a provisional acceptance elsewhere....oh well I guess its the greatest good for the greatest number

....it kinda sucks that they are holding off on going through their waitlist because it just means that people who may have really wanted to go to Western may be kicked off the list on teh 13th due to a provisional acceptance elsewhere....oh well I guess its the greatest good for the greatest number

I'm not really sure how this would be the greatest good for the greatest number...there are still the same number of medical school spots in Ontario/Canada...the fact that people with provisional acceptances get kicked off the Western waiting list will not change that the same number of people will get in

Archived