Premed 101 Forums

MMI Interviews

Sorry for turning this thread into a french one, but as far as I know, McGill is a Quebec university and its students are allowed to communicate either in English or French, according to their policy.

But hey, let's not start a debate about language. Since it is ontariostudent's thread, we'll just keep it English !:)

lol.... I'm all for freedom of language, but this is just a practicality issue. It's a thread that is supposed to be helpful to all McGill applicants, and not all of them speak French. Considering that all McGill students MUST be able to understand/speak english, it is most fair to restrict communication to the least common denominator, which is English. No apologies necessary! Besides, I may have started the thread but I'm definitely not its owner...

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I highly doubt the interview is worth 70% let alone 90%... especially since its not even worth that much at any of the French schools.

I tend to believe much more the vice-dean of Academics that was present at the MMI and who answered all of our Qs than some med school applicants on an internet forum, but you're free to keep your doubts. He told us that everyone who was invited to the interview had an excellent CV and that from this point on, only personality is going to determine who is going to rock during residency.

I can confirm that the interview is worth 70%. No pressure guys!:rolleyes:

But for all practical purposes, from this point on it's all interview.

Everyone that has been invited has stellar stats and probably very similar ECs. So the only thing that is going to set us apart is the interview.

wow, seems like interview is everything at mcgill! just out of curiosity...

1. what's the other 30%?

2. how many people are interviewed this year?

3. how many do they accept (first round + waitlist)?

I am not sure about how the other 30% is splitted... From what they said yesterday, about 200 ppl from cegep and 200 ppl from university were interviewed and they are going to send an offer to about 80 cegep students and 80 university students. They didn't say how much ppl would be on the waitlist, but I've heard that most ppl that get an offer at McGill take it, so I doubt that we have lot of chances of getting in if we're on the waitlist.

For university students, they said we would get our answers on May 7th at midnight. For cegep students it is going to be on May 14th at midnight.

Now let's cross our fingers :)

For university students, they said we would get our answers on May 7th at midnight. For cegep students it is going to be on May 14th at midnight.

They told us it was May 7th at 5pm on the dot and CEGEP students get theirs on May 17th.

I was actually super impressed with the McGill interviews. I felt like they designed their questions really well in order to get to know our personalities and whether we possess qualities that a good doctor should have (communication skills, teamwork, critical thinking, ethics, etc.). As someone who went through MMIs at other schools, I felt like I was able to express who I was and why I want to study medicine much better at McGill than I did at any of the other schools that I interviewed at.

I also really appreciated that they asked for our feedback after the interview was done. They clearly take great pride in their admissions process and want to make it as effective as possible.

Oh, and the food at McGill was really good ;)

I was in the 1pm afternoon group and we got released around 4:30pm, if that helps.

Thanks, yes that helps.

It does not make sense to keep all the afternoon session guys leave around 6pm.

It could easily make sense if the 1st group has info sessions/tours while the second group does the MMI. My invitation file says we'll be done around 6pm, no mention of earlier times, that's why I ask.

Hey, Rach, best of luck and enjoy the experience a la ontariostudent! :)

Yes, good luck!

Thanks ladies. I'll need the luck after last night, was in my first car accident. The loser that hit me was charged with unsafe driving but now I have a stiff neck, I'm without a car and needing to get to the airport later today. :mad:

Thanks ladies. I'll need the luck after last night, was in my first car accident. The loser that hit me was charged with unsafe driving but now I have a stiff neck, I'm without a car and needing to get to the airport later today. :mad:

Omg I hope you're ok!

At least the interview is fun and not that stressful :) Good luck!!!!

Where there any stations (or during the traditional interview station) that addressed current topics in the news, health or otherwise?

Did the admissions interviewer question your knowledge of McGill and/or of their medical program?

Where there any stations (or during the traditional interview station) that addressed current topics in the news, health or otherwise?

Did the admissions interviewer question your knowledge of McGill and/or of their medical program?

maybe...maybe not...

We are clearly not allowed to reveal this information. McGill asked us to sign a confidentiality agreement with our names and email adress on it. :cool:

maybe...maybe not...

We are clearly not allowed to reveal this information. McGill asked us to sign a confidentiality agreement with our names and email adress on it. :cool:

Oh really? Since I did not sign any confidentiality agreement last year, I can tell you that based on my experience, they didn't ask you about McGill's program (although there is a short presentation on it before the interviews) but you should be informed about the current events in the news.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived