Premed 101 Forums

Pet Peeve of the Day

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People with constant updates on their facebook

---------- is STUDY STUDY STUDY!!!!1

---------- is happy because the test is over!!!

---------- is making dinner to celelbrate

---------- is taking a dump after eating

Also on a similar note, people on msn that puts their comment message as "Busy, don't disturb!!" If you're so busy why are you online on msn you moron:mad:

Depends on the girl. Depends on the tights.

now we know that lost__in__space is cute at least

I'd probably hit on lost__in__space if she was wearing tights in the library. The very first thing I notice about a girl from a distance is her commitment to community service.

I've more things to add:

Claire's jewelry store for 2 reasons:

1.) they had a sign up that said everything in the store is -25% off. You can have -25%, and you can have 25% off, but -25% off is a double negative, meaning mathematically you should be paying 125%.

2.) They had that sign up for several years. After the sign is up for so long, it's no longer a sale. That's just the regular price of items in your store...

3.) double cupping at Tim Horton's

4.) people taking business at Memorial referring to one of their courses as "quant". It sounds like a challenging physics course but it's really short for "quantitative methods - a bridging math course"

5.) this is probably the biggest pet peeve I have of all time:

MUN's library has a massive silent area. Picture a set of like 5 steps, but each step is its own floor, and all the floors are connected in this one big room. Noise travels from at least 2 floors in any direction. Some people try to be very considerate and put their cell phone's on vibrate. However, when the phone rings, they get up, RUN past dozens of people studying to get to the closed off stairwell on the end of the silent area where conversation is allowed, slam on the door, and then use their last gasp of breath to yell "hello" before the door even closes. What baffles me is how people who do this practice think they're being polite and not distracting their neighbours, when in reality they might as well just answer the phone. And didn't we invent voicemail? How about caller ID? Why is everyone at my library getting phone calls from the president?

vegetarians who actually think that killing animals is wrong, and don't seem to realize animals are eaten in the wild all the time....and that many animals are killed during harvest season by farm machinery. You just don't understand nature.

big difference btw commercial slaughtering and predation...

I think most vegetarians make that distinction, but obviously you don't.

On the same note, my pet peeve are ppl that bit.ch about vegetarians, when they obviously don't know what they are talking about.

I'm not a vegetarian but it's definitely better to shoot a deer and eat it than to buy safeway beef. Ethically, that is.

My pet peeve of the day: wrinkled clothing. If I put on a shirt that is creased, I can't leave the house without taking it off and ironing it first. Wrinkles just piss me off.

The apostrophe thing too. AND, when people put punctuation AFTER the quotation marks, as in: "I thought you were too ugly to look at", said Charlie.

Alright I got a beef with the people who work in the same building as me.

- People who wait for the elevator only to end up going to the 2nd floor. The elevator is slow as **** as is and you could have walked the stairs in less time, yet you still prefer to piss the rest of us off and make us wait for your lazy ass to be hauled one floor...

big difference btw commercial slaughtering and predation...

I think most vegetarians make that distinction, but obviously you don't.

On the same note, my pet peeve are ppl that bit.ch about vegetarians, when they obviously don't know what they are talking about.

Lol open your eyes, and realize that I was talking about animals being eaten in the wild, and that is how nature works, the world isn't some disneyfied version of love and happiness. Animals do kill and eat each other all the time, and there is nothing wrong with it. On top of that I wanted to add in that farm machinery kills thousands of animals every year (rodents, jackrabbits, the occasional dog, coyotes, etc)

Not all vegetarians are like this of course, but there are some and those are the ones that piss me off. I actually I am quite proud of vegetarians who are willing to just say it isn't more me and I made a life choice. Those ones are not trying to hide behind some sort of defensive reasoning. They have decided to make a life choice and stick up for themselves for doing it, pretty much saying "Ya this is my life choice, I don't care what you think of it or if you approve. I am going to do it anyway."

Another pet peeve for me is rejects with their heads up their a** who look at something can logically tell what the person is trying to say, but will twist their words around to mean something else anyways. You knew what I meant don't be ignorant and try to make it look like I was saying something different.

Three cheers for ashleym! Quality of meat is always better than quantity!

Lol open your eyes, and realize that I was talking about animals being eaten in the wild, and that is how nature works, the world isn't some disneyfied version of love and happiness. Animals do kill and eat each other all the time, and there is nothing wrong with it. On top of that I wanted to add in that farm machinery kills thousands of animals every year (rodents, jackrabbits, the occasional dog, coyotes, etc)

Animals being eaten in the wild = predation. Again, repeat after me, predation.... PREDATION... not commercial slaughtering.

vegetarians who advocate that killing animals is wrong, say that commercial mass slaughter is wrong, not predation. Also, the way the animals are killed or kept alive before the killing may be unethical. Again, completely different than PREDATION! ... PREDATION... lol again PREDATION... not commercial slaughtering.

3. People who hit on you based on looks only (when you have yet to even open your mouth to say something). People will argue with this one but I find it annoying to get hit on a lot by idiots who judge me just by looks, when I haven't even opened my mouth yet. I could be a complete idiot, have an annoying voice, might not even speak English or be a man in drag lol but I guess it doesn't matter. I'm not even talking about the club. Honking at me from cars, hollering from your house patio and dropping stupid pickup lines at the library = :mad:. I know you have to first initiate a conversation with someone to hit on them and have a chance at getting to know them but there are other "ways" to do that, like smiling and saying hi, going to the club to hook up or asking if we're walking the same way to school. Maybe sit next to me in class and talk about how lame the lecture is. Who the hell would talk to someone who whistles or goes "hey baby"? This has always confused me.

One of my greatest pet peeves is when people try to make ostensibly subtle allusions to how great-looking they are.

Archived