Premed 101 Forums

Pet Peeve of the Day

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pet peeve of the day: When people make comments about you that are "jokes", but then they get serious about it. That didn't make much sense, but here's an example-

(My good friend, her roommate and I are out to lunch)

Roommate: OMG Thatonekid! You ordered a ham and cheese croissant? That's really fatty you know.

Me: I know. And it's SO delicious.

Friend: Plus icecream! Thatonekid and I like to gorge ourselves! Hahaha.

At this point, it was very obvious that my friend was joking, as we both are know amongst our friends to eat a lot, but we stay fairly slim/healthy due to exercise and good food choices.

Roommate *serious*: Yeah, you gorge yourselves and then throw up.

Me *serious*: We're not bulimic. It's just a joke, you know that right?

Roommate: Oh yeah! hahaha (not a very convincing laugh). It's just that you're a pre-med which means you're uptight and likely to have an eating disorder.

Me: When did pre-med correspond to eating disorders?

Roommate: Oh, always. You just want to be better than the rest of us.

Friend: Roommate, I'd shut up if I were you. Thatonekid has a mean jab.

Plus, I NEVER talk to my friend's roommate, nor have we ever had a class together. I think I've met her a total of 3 times. She almost ruined a lovely lunch. Fortunately, the croissant was wonderful and the ice cream was just the perfect amount of creaminess.

Pet Peeve: When people stress out over exams. Honestly if you know your stuff you'll be fine, it's not that hard of a concept to get. It's not an oxymoron to say that you can be happy when you study.
I think a little stress is good. It helps keep people driven, imo. Plus, I always find I write better papers/labs when under stress.

Pet Peeve: When people stress out over exams. Honestly if you know your stuff you'll be fine, it's not that hard of a concept to get. It's not an oxymoron to say that you can be happy when you study.

I am in total agreement. I consistently work very hard to achieve my grades and I prepare as my most important priority. I am not stressed but understand that without hard work, I don't have a prayer to achieve my goals. I am a straight A student only because of my efforts. I do not stress for exams, just prepare - and it pays off every term.

Here's what I don't get. How is it that three hour exams end up being cut short at 2:59. Thankfully I've been ok so far, but I've seen people around me frantically scribbling as the invigilator yells stop, and certainly a couple of my final answers could have been a little more legible. This is two exams in a row, where the person administering is using a cell phone to keep time, and cuts people off short. It's your job to make sure the exam is three hours long, is it too much to ask to buy a watch? I mean, maybe it's only a minute, but in some cases that's the difference between a B+ or an A-, etc...I mean even house league soccer referees use a stop watch, you think you could expect the same out of Canada's biggest university...

Pet peeve of the day:

When people judge you for something, but then they show that they're really just a hypocrite. For example, I was on the bus on the way to the mall yesterday with my friend. It's only a 15 minute bus ride...

friend: Oh, you brought your ipod. Why? That's kinda silly.

me: Because I had it in my pocket and forgot to leave it at home.

friend: Can I see?

*I hand her the ipod. She scrolls for a few minutes*

friend: Eww! You like Interpol. Really? Interpol?!?!

me: Yeah. I like a few of their songs.

friend: Well, I don't like them at all. I wouldn't have them on my ipod if you paid me! The only song I have of theirs is The Heinrich Maneuver. It's really catchy like some of their other songs that I like of theirs, like Evil. I have a couple of their songs. But I don't like them at all.

me: Uh, okay then. :|

Oh wow, excuse the slight rant ahead but I used to be a pretty hardcore Interpol fan and I just had to say how ridiculously wrong your friend is. She/he quite obviously doesn't know Interpol very well or perhaps has some terrible taste if she thinks The Heinrich Maneuver is one of their best songs. The fact that she's rating how good their songs are based on catchiness is worrisome. She has nooo right in judging you like that!

Disclosure: I have a pet peeve with music snobs who really have no idea what they're talking about. Unfounded judegement is the worst kind! Hah, come to think of it this post was slightly judgy, opps.

People who change their facebook/twitter status to "...is showering" or "...is barfing after a long night of partying". Seriously, we don't need to know. I swear, the day i see "...Is applying abreva to cover up those nasty cold sores she caught last night from half the varsity football team" I will officially abandon facebook.

Oh, and people who change their facebook name to a new made up nickname every week. Where the hell did "Lanky tootall durant" come from, and how the hell do i know them? You were "Spragga Bedstuy Benjamin" 4 days ago, and "Top Shotta Tookute" the week before! your real name is John!! WTF?!?! Pick a name damnit!!

Oh, and people who change their facebook name to a new made up nickname every week. Where the hell did "Lanky tootall durant" come from, and how the hell do i know them? You were "Spragga Bedstuy Benjamin" 4 days ago, and "Top Shotta Tookute" the week before! your real name is John!! WTF?!?! Pick a name damnit!!
That made me laugh a lot, since I know at least 10 people who are exactly like that.

Oh wow, excuse the slight rant ahead but I used to be a pretty hardcore Interpol fan and I just had to say how ridiculously wrong your friend is. She/he quite obviously doesn't know Interpol very well or perhaps has some terrible taste if she thinks The Heinrich Maneuver is one of their best songs. The fact that she's rating how good their songs are based on catchiness is worrisome. She has nooo right in judging you like that!

Disclosure: I have a pet peeve with music snobs who really have no idea what they're talking about. Unfounded judegement is the worst kind! Hah, come to think of it this post was slightly judgy, opps.

lol interpol is how i'm getting through mcat prep

Rest My Chemistry

Pace is the Trick

All Fired Up

all balling tracks that also feature subtle mcat references.

some of you guys need to relax a bit lol

don't get worked up so much over random **** lol

Yea I guess you're right, it's just that I've been under so much stress lately that anything and everything seems to annoy me. I don't know, does anybody else feel the same way; during exams you get irritable and intolerant?

Archived