Premed 101 Forums

Pet Peeve of the Day

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMGGGGGGGG i cant take this anymore. Seriously. this is going to sound stupid but whatever. people, the correct spelling is:

definItely

not

definAtely

whats with the 'a'???? UGHHHHHHH i dont know why but it bugs me a lot and i find most people on this forum make this mistake.

ok im done now.

/rant

OMGGGGGGGG i cant take this anymore. Seriously. this is going to sound stupid but whatever. people, the correct spelling is:

definItely

not

definAtely

whats with the 'a'???? UGHHHHHHH i dont know why but it bugs me a lot and i find most people on this forum make this mistake.

ok im done now.

/rant

I definately don't know what you are talking about :P

Funny you mention this, as I began to wonder if I was spelling the word incorrectly. Often, on here and elsewhere, I see the spelling with an "a". I think it's because people forget the actual meaning of the word (i.e., definite).

I definately don't know what you are talking about :P

Funny you mention this, as I began to wonder if I was spelling the word incorrectly. Often, on here and elsewhere, I see the spelling with an "a". I think it's because people forget the actual meaning of the word (i.e., definite).

DefinAtely a problem. Perhaps thIEr spellcheEkers are not onE.

DefinAtely a problem. Perhaps thIEr spellcheEkers are not onE.

I've actually never installed the spell check on here. Maybe I should? Hehe!

Other pet peeve of the day: When I eat too many chips and get very thirsty afterwards. Can't they make chips with all that yummy salt flavour, without the side effects?

:cool:

I've actually never installed the spell check on here. Maybe I should? Hehe!

Other pet peeve of the day: When I eat too many chips and get very thirsty afterwards. Can't they make chips with all that yummy salt flavour, without the side effects?

:cool:

Naw...that's a benefit...you can a) get bloated on pop or B) get blotto on alcohol all because of salt :) Lol.

Yeah, I keep my spellchecker on all the time--it actually teaches me a lot. It also makes me think of another pet peeve: AMERICAN SPELLING. ****.

Mosquitoes that have the audacity to bite me in the sanctity of my own home.

People who bring their dogs into my home (my home, the home with two tots) without giving me notice that they were bringing a dog.

People who call at 11:30pm and say "sorry, did I wake the kids?"

People who, when you answer the phone, say "Who is this?": Who the **** do you think it is? Are you dialing random numbers?

haha yea, I also hate it when someone calls you and asks who you are :mad: ... you are calling me... why should I tell you?

Like: "Who are you calling?" yeesh. And then there are the ppl who say "where's your husband?" "he's not here right now, may I take a message?" "Well, where is he?"

NONE OF YOU BUSINESS. Lol.

Like: "Who are you calling?" yeesh. And then there are the ppl who say "where's your husband?" "he's not here right now, may I take a message?" "Well, where is he?"

NONE OF YOU BUSINESS. Lol.

No, how about this one: you call a phone that's used by more than 1 person...someone picks up and you ask "Is this so-and-so?" And all they answer with is "No." WTF, just say "No, this is actually such-and-such!"

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
PPOTD: Juicy fruit "Stix"

As if juicy fruit in the stick of gum form is supposed to be something new and exciting that deserves a marketing campaign?

lame.

Look at the stupid wheat square cereal--they started marketing them as "diamonds" (they turned the square around) and they began boosting sales. It's unbelievable what marketing campaigns can do.

Look at the stupid wheat square cereal--they started marketing them as "diamonds" (they turned the square around) and they began boosting sales. It's unbelievable what marketing campaigns can do.

Haha, that was one of the funnier marketing campaigns out there. I love a company that can laugh at itself.

Good for Shreddies, although I haven't bought any recently.

Haha, that was one of the funnier marketing campaigns out there. I love a company that can laugh at itself.

Good for Shreddies, although I haven't bought any recently.

It's hilarious...and the company isn't stupid--the people BUYING them because they have turned them into "diamonds" are stupid. Lol.

Eeew. I don't like cereal of any kind.

Speaking of driving...

Why is the concept of "drive on the right, pass on the left" so difficult for some people? :mad:

Noticed when I was in Italy, if anyone was going even slightly slow on the left, someone would be there instantly honking and flashing the high beams until the person went to the right lane.

Archived