Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big month coming up... Finals start in 3 weeks (plus one that was cancelled yesterday because of the big anti-hike march *eyeroll*), and I have to write up the project proposal for the ethics committee by April 12 as well. I met the ortho surgeon I'll be working with this morning while she was waiting for her patient to be put under (in a private clinic) so I got to walk around the place, pretty cool. The project sounds awesome and really intriguing :)

Slowly building strength back on my left shoulder but no resistance yet besides gravity.. should come pretty soon though! Right shoulder is extremely unstable in certain positions so I'm building that one up from the ground as well hoping it'll help some. So annoying but so not going under the knife again unless it becomes really painful seeing as you never know what can happen!!

Big month coming up... Finals start in 3 weeks (plus one that was cancelled yesterday because of the big anti-hike march *eyeroll*), and I have to write up the project proposal for the ethics committee by April 12 as well. I met the ortho surgeon I'll be working with this morning while she was waiting for her patient to be put under (in a private clinic) so I got to walk around the place, pretty cool. The project sounds awesome and really intriguing :)

Slowly building strength back on my left shoulder but no resistance yet besides gravity.. should come pretty soon though! Right shoulder is extremely unstable in certain positions so I'm building that one up from the ground as well hoping it'll help some. So annoying but so not going under the knife again unless it becomes really painful seeing as you never know what can happen!!

http://www.ericcressey.com/blog

Good resource to have...

Good resource to have...

Uh no thanks... I have enough experience with training to either do it myself or get advice from the trainers I know.

Looks like I'll be starting some literature review for the research project sooner than I thought.. my program voted to prolong the "strike" (more like boycott) until at least next Wed night where there'll be another vote. Took 4 freaking hours on a Friday night.

Uh no thanks... I have enough experience with training to either do it myself or get advice from the trainers I know.

Looks like I'll be starting some literature review for the research project sooner than I thought.. my program voted to prolong the "strike" (more like boycott) until at least next Wed night where there'll be another vote. Took 4 freaking hours on a Friday night.

sorry forgot to mention to search his blog... eric cressey works with many mlb baseball pitcher/other elite athletes and has helped many "difficult" shoulder cases that thought were only cureable with surgery... whatever though...

sorry forgot to mention to search his blog... eric cressey works with many mlb baseball pitcher/other elite athletes and has helped many "difficult" shoulder cases that thought were only cureable with surgery... whatever though...

Sorry I didn't mean it that way... I was still pissed about our "strike" vote. I did look around a little, it's just that I have a pretty great support team here already and we know there's nothing surgical in it right now, just unstable from a muscle imbalance that developed sometime after my surgery (which was unavoidable seeing as I'd completely ripped apart my cartilage). Sorry again.

Good resource to have...

Glad you posted this. I'm too broke to pay for a personal trainer, so I'm going off all the stuff I learned last year from a lifting few clinics and group exercise I attended last year.

Sorry I didn't mean it that way... I was still pissed about our "strike" vote. I did look around a little, it's just that I have a pretty great support team here already and we know there's nothing surgical in it right now, just unstable from a muscle imbalance that developed sometime after my surgery (which was unavoidable seeing as I'd completely ripped apart my cartilage). Sorry again.

Muscle imbalances just take a long time to fix, but at least it can be fixed. So cheer up! :D

Muscle imbalances just take a long time to fix, but at least it can be fixed. So cheer up! :D

I know it can be fixed.. it's just that no one can seem to figure out exactly which muscles are causing the problem since the shoulder is such a complex joint! Hehe I suspect it's my subscap that's too weak which means my pecs are now driving all internal rotation and hence putting more strain on my teres minor to stabilize. But no proof, and my ortho is pretty dumbfounded as well. I didn't have that problem until 7 months post-op (super stable before!) when I stopped weights to get my other shoulder operated on which makes us think it's muscle related but who knows? So I'm strengthening my subscap and we'll see if that helps. Being hyperlax, it's not out of the question that I'll have to get my capsule tightened at some point but not there yet. :)

I know it can be fixed.. it's just that no one can seem to figure out exactly which muscles are causing the problem since the shoulder is such a complex joint! Hehe I suspect it's my subscap that's too weak which means my pecs are now driving all internal rotation and hence putting more strain on my teres minor to stabilize. But no proof, and my ortho is pretty dumbfounded as well. I didn't have that problem until 7 months post-op (super stable before!) when I stopped weights to get my other shoulder operated on which makes us think it's muscle related but who knows? So I'm strengthening my subscap and we'll see if that helps. Being hyperlax, it's not out of the question that I'll have to get my capsule tightened at some point but not there yet. :)

The doctor's office is definitely not a place to be "interesting".

Process of elimination always works! ;) If it's not subscap, move on to the next suspect.

omg anybody hear the lady singing the national anthems for the sens vs pens game? One of the worst I've ever heard... even Karlsson was laughing on the bench

It wasn't bad at all! I found it rather tasteful and good. Measha Brueggergosman is an award winning Canadian opera singer. What did you expect lady Gaga or Kelly Clarkson?

It wasn't bad at all! I found it rather tasteful and good. Measha Brueggergosman is an award winning Canadian opera singer. What did you expect lady Gaga or Kelly Clarkson?
I agree that it wasn't bad. It was a bit drawn out though. You can have an opera version of the anthems and still not extend the notes as much as she did.

I'm not expecting someone famous. Just someone who doesn't make me forcibly press the mute button. Do you know those TSN top 10 worst anthem moments? She's going to be on it.

One of m fav poems:

Yourself To Blame

by

Mayme White Miller

If things go bad for you

And make you a bit ashamed

Often you will find out that

You have yourself to blame

Swiftly we ran to mischief

And then the bad luck came

Why do we fault others?

We have ourselves to blame