Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, but I have been a shopper there. ;)

lol, cause I submitted my resume and they emailed me about the "next step in the application process" and I had to do this questionnaire ... AND there's more. Gahh.... why is getting a job so lengthy? Last time I was hired on the spot.

omg anybody hear the lady singing the national anthems for the sens vs pens game? One of the worst I've ever heard... even Karlsson was laughing on the bench

It wasn't bad at all! I found it rather tasteful and good. Measha Brueggergosman is an award winning Canadian opera singer. What did you expect lady Gaga or Kelly Clarkson?

Opera singers tend to overdo anthems in general I feel. I'd rather an ordinary indie musician come by and do a passionate rendition of the national anthem rather than an over-the-top version of it.

And the 'Let me hear you' part was just not cool...

Omg...I applied for a job online at the Gap. I had to fill out this 30 minute long thing about matching clothes. Equally long and annoying thing for Starbucks. I wonder if they realize that these are minimum wage crappy jobs...

I filled out that questionnaire for Starbucks recently too--such a waste of time. The questions are ridiculous, and in my opinion should be saved for the interview.

Really nice to hear from you, cnb!! Was just thinking to myself a few days ago, haven't heard from you in a while. Best of luck with everything :)!

Finished hunger games, going to the movie tonight, and I've braided my hair like Katniss. Side braids are sooo pretty.

Hey guys! Haven't been on here much.. so busy with "real" life ;)

Referendum going on right now about the strike, really hoping it ends tonight because our finals start next week and the missed classes (can't reschedule everything in our timetable) will screw up a lot of students.

There are less than 6 weeks left and 8 finals til we're done for the summer. I can't wait but it's going to be a hell of a 6 weeks!! I'm also finishing off a research protocol to submit to the ethics committee (pretty much have to finish everything tonight or tomorrow), and that will be my project for the summer. Really interesting subject, but I'm sure glad I didn't know all of that *before* my surgeries ;)

I graduated to light resistance training with elastic tubing in physio today, progress!! I've gained back almost all my ROMs except 5-10 degrees here and there but I'm functional. Been having some extreme tightness around my 1st rib for a week so it's screwing things up but with treatments and time it should go away soon. Looking forward to being strong enough that I can go back to deadlifting again hehe. My other shoulder isn't doing too bad right now either, I'm hoping the stabilization work I'm doing will take care of things for good.

I also watched the first 2 original Millenium swedish tv series.. so good! Now only need the time to watch the last 2 episodes :D

Hey guys! Haven't been on here much.. so busy with "real" life ;)

Referendum going on right now about the strike, really hoping it ends tonight because our finals start next week and the missed classes (can't reschedule everything in our timetable) will screw up a lot of students.

There are less than 6 weeks left and 8 finals til we're done for the summer. I can't wait but it's going to be a hell of a 6 weeks!! I'm also finishing off a research protocol to submit to the ethics committee (pretty much have to finish everything tonight or tomorrow), and that will be my project for the summer. Really interesting subject, but I'm sure glad I didn't know all of that *before* my surgeries ;)

I graduated to light resistance training with elastic tubing in physio today, progress!! I've gained back almost all my ROMs except 5-10 degrees here and there but I'm functional. Been having some extreme tightness around my 1st rib for a week so it's screwing things up but with treatments and time it should go away soon. Looking forward to being strong enough that I can go back to deadlifting again hehe. My other shoulder isn't doing too bad right now either, I'm hoping the stabilization work I'm doing will take care of things for good.

I also watched the first 2 original Millenium swedish tv series.. so good! Now only need the time to watch the last 2 episodes :D

Seems the semester will end on June 15th. But in my program, we will still finish on April 30th because we only had 3 days of strike.

YOUR BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha! I never really left! Just became more of a lurking lurker. And checked back here less often! lol

Nice to know I was missed (or at the very least noticed! lol) ;):D

How did interviews go for everyone?

Really nice to hear from you, cnb!! Was just thinking to myself a few days ago, haven't heard from you in a while. Best of luck with everything :)!

Finished hunger games, going to the movie tonight, and I've braided my hair like Katniss. Side braids are sooo pretty.

Did you read all three books or just the first? Also how did you like the movie?

Did you read all three books or just the first? Also how did you like the movie?

You've totally, unintentionally, reminded me to do a review on this on my blog.

I've only read the first book. I actually finished it about 2 hours before the movie.

The film was very good -- but I watched it with my bf who had not read the book. And after we saw the movie he says to me, "okay -- I didn't get why (insert scene) happened." and we discussed the film for like 30 minutes going over plot that apparently was not portrayed well on film, or skipped out on entirely!

I enjoyed the film but perhaps it's difficult to understand certain aspects of it without having read the book.

What did you think?

Archived