Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

Man.

Crawling as a baby, then walking, then walking with a cane. Heard it before. :)

Heard it before as well :)

@amethystdoc: dvd slot isn't really a problem.. I can get an enclosure for the drive currently in my Dell for about 10$ on ebay. But yeah, still undecided on whether to even switch from Windows haha.

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm buying a new laptop to replace my Dell which is a little too heavy/big to carry around... Short list now consists of Macbook Pro or Air 13" or the Vaio SA which is cheaper, has mostly better specs... and runs Windows which I like very much (liked XP, then switched to linux, then came back to Win 7).

Shortly starting a very interesting research project, and finally getting back to doing weights on my latest post-op shoulder! It's not perfect, and my biceps tendon is still quite angry and very tight when I use it more but it's coming along.

I recently got Mac Air 11" and it sounds (and prob is) unreasonable to buy a Mac Air for this reason, but I just love it for how light and portable it is- i also switched from pc and it's really not that bad, it's been a couple of weeks and I'm already used to it :)

I recently got Mac Air 11" and it sounds (and prob is) unreasonable to buy a Mac Air for this reason, but I just love it for how light and portable it is- i also switched from pc and it's really not that bad, it's been a couple of weeks and I'm already used to it :)

I'm sure it's not bad, it's just I see no point of switching ;) I don't really have a problem between sizes of the Pro or Air, so I'm really going on everything else (screen size/resolution, heat/noise..). See now I'm back to choosing between the Vaio and Pro, probably tomorrow morning I'll be thinking about the Air again!! No chance I'll go for the 11" as this will be my primary computer (besides external hard drive if I pick the Air) and that's just too small for what I want to do.

And I don't think it sounds unreasonable... Funny, you know how some people swear by Apple and buy Apple products *only* because they're Apple the brand? Well it has the opposite effect on me - I avoid Apple products because they're Apple the brand ;) Or I used to lol!! So this time I'm picking whichever of the 2 I decide fits my needs best.

So I came to a pretty awesome decision if I don't end up getting off the waitlist this year.... I've decided I'm going to train for (and run in!) a half-marathon! :D It's something I've always wanted to do... So I figured why the heck not? :D

My goal is just to finish it in the allotted time and then if I end up liking it, I'll run in more and/or move up to a marathon! I was going to try for a triathlon this year (only a sprint) but I can't swim well and my shoulder is FUBARed, so I figure I'll save that for next year :D

Just got back home after passing all my exams. Man, that cardio exam today was tough but still managed to pass it. OSCE Saturday and I'm done first year med.

Yay!!

We got the final marks for 4 of our 8 winter courses today so only missing 3 and I'll officially be done prep year and starting 1st year in August.. can't wait! And I finally get the backpack in the fall :D

Well apparently no October half marathon for me!!

Best day of my life today!!!!! Got accepted to the UofA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I'm so excited I can't even sleep!!!!!! :o

Called my mom as soon as I found out and I was crying so much I was apparently incomprehensible because she said to me "I can't understand a word you're saying right now, but if you're trying to say what I think you are: OH MY GOD!!!!!!!:D" lol :o

Called my mom as soon as I found out and I was crying so much I was apparently incomprehensible because she said to me "I can't understand a word you're saying right now, but if you're trying to say what I think you are: OH MY GOD!!!!!!!:D" lol :o

CONGRATS!

Just pick another marathon to do in Edmonton?

Congrats!!

AWESOME!

Congrats!

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!

and check your PM

1/

cnb88- That is AWESOME! We're all super happy for you!

2/

Toronto is hot and muggy. There is a highway with twenty lanes. I feel like a bumpkin.

3/

MCAT is over, now trying to decide if I should prep for a rewrite... I feel OK, but like I can ace it if I have the rest of the summer.

4/

Now I can catch up on GameOfThrones. I keep wondering if I should read the books too, or just the first 2.

I was actually just leaving the food court at Eaton's yesterday when all of that stuff took place. It was a bit strange to say the least - I remember all these people running past me and someone was yelling run for your life there is a man with a gun.

Probably pretty stupid of me but while everyone was running I was the only one kind of foolishly walking towards the door (went through Sears). I remember thinking this may be a real attack or not but either way you cannot live in fear.

I was actually just leaving the food court at Eaton's yesterday when all of that stuff took place. It was a bit strange to say the least - I remember all these people running past me and someone was yelling run for your life there is a man with a gun.

Probably pretty stupid of me but while everyone was running I was the only one kind of foolishly walking towards the door (went through Sears). I remember thinking this may be a real attack or not but either way you cannot live in fear.

Thats very inspirational man. Glad you're ok.

Archived