Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

And... I got the green light to finally start strengthening my biceps!! I almost screamed from joy when my surgeon said that haha made him laugh when I said I was feeling a little-lot asymmetrical by now ;) My range isn't full yet, but he's happy with the progress I've made in the last 4 weeks since I started physio. We talked about my "good" shoulder again when I said if I stop doing weights then it becomes slightly unstable and feels off-center when it moves (hence crackling), but he can't figure out what could be wrong as X-rays are clean with the screws still in place. Big mystery but I really hope to figure it out as I'm really not wanting to get surgery #4 seeing as it's not guaranteed to get back to 100% after!!

Last midterm tomorrow, then about a month before finals start. And the strike starts for us next week as well :/

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ughh.. I am feeling so tired and burnt out. I really don't want to do anything but sleep or do nothing. This has been going on since last Wednesday (ever since the weather started to turn nice:) ). I really want this semester to be over as soon as possible. Only a couple of assignments and 2 midterms to go in 3 and a half weeks of hell. I keep telling myself it will be over soon, but somehow I can't help but do the bare minimum lately to just get by. Daylight savings time did not help me either!

I just nearly had a heart attack, when I looked to see what I got on my lab report (out of 70 marks) and my mark was a big fat zero. Then I read the note the prof put up that said "do NOT panic if your mark is a zero. It just means the report wasn't marked yet" .....

Visa reversed the fraudulent charges on my credit card! YAY! :D

I love fishies! My first fish were named Mulder and Scully. Am I dating myself?? ;)

Naw...lots of people watched X-Files as a kid/teenager! So long as you're young at heart, it's all good!

So... I've been staying out of downtown the last 2 days. Literally- running from the law. The biggest trial in Yukon history is about to start, and they can't find enough people to fill a jury, so they have resorted to handing people summons on the streets of Whitehorse! I'm not sure if I could get out of jury duty using the defense "well, there's this test called the MCAT I'm studying for..."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/story/2012/03/16/north-jury-asp-sheriffs-main-street-looking-for-jurors.html

Adding- who can afford to be on a jury? Honestly, I think that just about everyone I know would go bankrupt if they were to sit on a jury for 3 months!

Aren't they supposed to compensate you for your salary somehow? Otherwise it just seems silly and unfair!

Aren't they supposed to compensate you for your salary somehow? Otherwise it just seems silly and unfair!

Up here, it's $80 per day.

So... my bro-in-law was called for this jury too. He knew about the trial from before (this is a murder trial for a woman who was previously convicted of manslaughter) so he got excused for having previous knowledge.

But really, how is a jury at all a "representative" group? I really don't know that many people who could take the time.

Just bought two goldfish to start up a freshwater tank.

I named one Marley.

Not sure what my bf will name the other one... :)

That sounds great Cerena! I was thinking of getting fish again, it has been a long time since the last time I had fish (~10 years). Last time my fish died because I did not clean the tank. (I was 9 years old so can you blame me.. )

Just remember to feed them all the time! I had two gold fish when I was really little. My family left for the long weekend (2.5 days), so we put extra feed to last them the weekend. When we came back one fish ate the other. :o

Bob :P......

Bob would be cute..

"Hello, these are my fish : Bob and Marley.. "

I love fishies! My first fish were named Mulder and Scully. Am I dating myself?? ;)

That's not so bad, my sister named our goldfish when I was little : " Beavis and Butthead" lol

Archived