Premed 101 Forums

Hey all,

Long time lurker, first time poster on these forums. I also received a call from Western about a spot at the Windsor campus. Second year applying, stats:

first time: interviewed UWO, waitlisted UWO, no acceptance

second time: interviewed UWO, Queen's, waitlisted at both, accepted to UWO

cGPA: 3.74

Best 2: 3.91

MCAT: 10 PS, 11 VR, 12 BS, Q essay (33Q combined)

I haven't firmly accepted the UWO offer but I will unless Queen's calls me in the next week, which is fairly doubtful at this point. Just like everybody else, I assumed I was screwed by this point (again) and was surprised by the call. So to quote the Crystal Method, "keep hope alive." I'll post again when it's all definite.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
woooooooooo!

Got accepted today to uwo this morning! except i'm a little confused. on the phone she told me windsor, but i got an email this afternoon and it said "for the campus which you have indicated as your preference" and my preference was london. did anyone else get an email with this wording? why couldn't the email just say for _____ campus?? ah well. also, how do i accept this offer? i'm so confused but too excited to spend time looking through these forums! any info would be great!

My email said the same thing but check your attachments. The one labelled with offer in the file name tells you which campus and how to accept it online using the OMSAS SAM sytem.

I GOT IN!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT

not high waitlist and at windsor!!!

OK so i was still in so much shock, and I didn't catch anything the lady said after I heard about the acceptance. What are we supposed to do?

Congratulations Alastriss! Don't need to worry about the US schools or reapplying! Best of luck in Windsor!!!

OK so i was still in so much shock, and I didn't catch anything the lady said after I heard about the acceptance. What are we supposed to do?

HELL YEAH! I am so happy for you!!! :D

Accepted to the Windsor campus today!!! What a great surprise!

I haven't received an email yet, but I'm assuming that's because they are just waiting for my final transcript to get there.

I haven't gotten an email yet either. I was told that it would take a few days, so it's odd that other people have already gotten one...

Now my pre-med paranoia has set in. Did I just hallucinate that phone call? (only half-serious)

I haven't gotten an email yet either. I was told that it would take a few days, so it's odd that other people have already gotten one...

Now my pre-med paranoia has set in. Did I just hallucinate that phone call? (only half-serious)

I probably got the email quickly since they already have my transcript and they're not waiting to see my final year grades or anything like that. She actually told me to expect the email on Thursday or Friday but I got it a few hours after she called. Just luck of the draw I guess. You'll probably get yours on Thursday, it'll say "Good news from Schulich medicine and dentistry."

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! You worked so hard for this, you deserved it!:D LOL, I actually teared up a bit for you (and it's not even that time of the month, hehehe:p ).

Don't wait for it, it will come to you. If not this year, then the next.

For those on the waitlist, don't give up hope. I had fully given up and moved on, and already set some plans in motion other than medicine because I just thought after a total of 8 interviews I was simply "not doctor material". Keep the faith.

I haven't gotten mine either. Are they waiting on your transcript too?

Well thank goodness Alastriss is at least going to Windsor and not London. I hope he learns to be more respectful of others opinions there...

Wow... does that mean that you (sfinch) are going to London? If so, I am not looking forward to having you as a classmate....

Alastriss, congrats on the acceptance! I am really happy for you - I've been reading your posts for the last year and often found them very helpful! You seem like a really nice guy!

Guest viscous
Well thank goodness Alastriss is at least going to Windsor and not London. I hope he learns to be more respectful of others opinions there...

I think you would be unfortunate to not be able to savor the company of Alastriss.

I'm not sure if sfinch is a purposeful troll or just dense, but there are probably only going to be so many Asian guys (if even more than 1) from Vancouver in London's 2013 class, so its not like the anonymity on premed101 is going to last long once people narrow it down in August. Why he's bashing the school, city, and ethnicity of a large proportion of his classmates before class starts in under 2 months is beyond me.

I'm not sure if sfinch is a purposeful troll or just dense, but there are probably only going to be so many Asian guys (if even more than 1) from Vancouver in London's 2013 class, so its not like the anonymity on premed101 is going to last long once people narrow it down in August. Why he's bashing the school, city, and ethnicity of a large proportion of his classmates before class starts in under 2 months is beyond me.

that's how self fulfilling prophecies start. Let's hope for clean slates when school starts.

oh and economics does in fact rock :)

I just wanted to say that while I haven't been using these boards for too long, Alastriss, you seem like a really cool guy and from the sounds of things your path to get here has been far from straightforward. I am really looking forward to meeting you in the fall.

My partner, who reads these forums religiously, insists that I pass on the fact that she also really looks forward to meeting you and "wants to give him a big hug." So there you have it.

Also, I want to second what rmorelan is saying...if we don't all give each other the benefit of the doubt it could cause more trouble than it would be worth. Keep in mind that most of our class will not have read these forums. On the other hand, I have a certain amount of confidence that someone who offends so readily on a forum probably does so in real life as well.

Last, I can't resist the following:

http://www.premed101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32593&page=4

I was told that he hopes I "don't get off the waitlist for UWO." Well, too bad for you man.

Now that is satisfaction.

Archived