Premed 101 Forums

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine's pretty abrupt:

"You should be advised our policy does not permit us to release any information concerning the rank order or any other information regarding the Wait List. It would be appreciated if you would refrain from calling the office with any telephone inquiries."

Then it goes on to say give us your phone number and transcript.

ya, mine says "It was recommended, however, that your

name be placed on our Wait List. This means that any offer that is not accepted will be filled by individuals from the Wait List." before that.

I guess the only thing to do now is to wait.

are we supposed to reply to the email to give them our phone number where they can reach us?

I believe so. And you're to confirm that you want to be on the waitlist? I emailed back, anyway.

Good going, Grace.

Looks like the rest of us aren't high on the list, then?

do u mind copy-pasting whats actually said?

forgive my pessimism, as I've never heard of uwo doing those kinds of e-mails...

There is some reason to believe that they may have started this year... Can you guys that got the wording copy the sentence into a post?

so we should make plans for next year if we don't have that wording?

Hey Alastriis,

I'm not the admission rep, so I don't know specifics. What I will say is that there was some pressure put on by the students this year to try and get the admin to send a CONSERVATIVE number of people a good waitlist email. We're not sure whether or not it did in fact occur, but not getting one does not preclude you getting an offer later...

Hey Alastriis,

I'm not the admission rep, so I don't know specifics. What I will say is that there was some pressure put on by the students this year to try and get the admin to send a CONSERVATIVE number of people a good waitlist email. We're not sure whether or not it did in fact occur, but not getting one does not preclude you getting an offer later...

I got in mid june. There were many people contacted off the waitlist, it would be nice if you knew your rank and it sucks waiting but its something a lot of us had to do.

PS mcpherv is your hand healed from all those slap shots last week?

I got in mid june. There were many people contacted off the waitlist, it would be nice if you knew your rank and it sucks waiting but its something a lot of us had to do.

PS mcpherv is your hand healed from all those slap shots last week?

Hey Hulk,

Yeah, there was some pretty decent waitlist movement last year - I got in on June 9th - which was, as far as we could tell last year the first day people were called. It seems though that the admissions reps were able to get some people "good" waitlist emails this year though - something a number of us felt would be a benefit to those waiting to hear back. The point I was making though - the number of "good" emails that were sent out was very conservative, I believe, though - so not getting the good waitlist email doesn't preclude you getting in this year.

LOL, yeah my hand is pretty much healed now, although not completely yet. That hockey game was fun - we'll have to do that again at some point. You guys all did an awesome job of hosting us in Windsor last week - thanks!

Hey Hulk,

Yeah, there was some pretty decent waitlist movement last year - I got in on June 9th - which was, as far as we could tell last year the first day people were called. It seems though that the admissions reps were able to get some people "good" waitlist emails this year though - something a number of us felt would be a benefit to those waiting to hear back. The point I was making though - the number of "good" emails that were sent out was very conservative, I believe, though - so not getting the good waitlist email doesn't preclude you getting in this year.

LOL, yeah my hand is pretty much healed now, although not completely yet. That hockey game was fun - we'll have to do that again at some point. You guys all did an awesome job of hosting us in Windsor last week - thanks!

Hello Mcpherv,

Do you guys know approximately how much the wait list moved last year?

I know that the wait list movement last year may not be indicative of what will happen this time around, but it would be nice to have an idea based on last year.

Thanks in advance.

Hey Pensfan,

There is a document that details the waitlist movement for a number of years - off the top of my head, I think I remember the average waitlist movement was approximately 60-70 positions. But, you have to remember as well that people remove themselves from the waitlist as well, before and during the offers (as they get accepted elsewhere) - which means that there is actually a fair bit more movement than just those positions. However, any speculation as to how many positions on the original rank order they actually move down is exactly that - speculation.

Whoa, wait I just read that again ...

So this published value of 60-70 (based on what you recall of course) is the number of people in the class that got in off the wait list, and does not include the people who were originally on the wait list that went elsewhere?

Archived