Premed 101 Forums

Whoa, wait I just read that again ...

So this published value of 60-70 (based on what you recall of course) is the number of people in the class that got in off the wait list, and does not include the people who were originally on the wait list that went elsewhere?

Yep, essentially - so the waitlist moves quite a bit overall... Overall - just try not to think about it too much, and just hang in there. Good luck to everyone on the waitlist - I know very well whats its like having been there twice...

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those of you who were curious, here is the wording from the Western e-mail about having a "high position" on the waitlist:

"You have however, earned a high position on our Wait List. Any offer not accepted will be filled by individuals on the Wait List. In recent years, applicants in your position received offers of admission in the days to weeks after the initial day of offer as the incoming Schulich Class of Medicine began to take shape. Please understand that this does not guarantee that you will receive an offer..."

I hope this is helpful. Here's hoping that the Wait List gets moving...

Hey folks,

Here's the document that was alluded to earlier on the thread.

The # Declines at Western were

2006/07: 60

2005/06: 64

2004/05: 86

2003/04: 103

2002/03: 99

I'm not sure how to explain the changes year to year in #declines.

Best of luck to those on the waitlist! :)

Hey folks,

Here's the document that was alluded to earlier on the thread.

The # Declines at Western were

2006/07: 60

2005/06: 64

2004/05: 86

2003/04: 103

2002/03: 99

I'm not sure how to explain the changes year to year in #declines.

Best of luck to those on the waitlist! :)

Yeah that is kind of intersting, seems to be decreasing trend? Maybe I am reading too much into it.

One thing to consider is the dramatic change in interview criteria at Queen's, which 2 years ago had virtually identical cutoffs as UWO, but has since diverged significantly. You would have expected larger waitlist movement at one/both schools in the years where their cutoffs were similar (assuming many of the same people interviewed/got accepted at both).

Also remember that those numbers refer to people who were given formal offers and then declined them. I'd assume there were many who took themselves off the waitlist after being accepted elsewhere, and these would not be included in the number of declined offers. They may however have been ahead of others on the waitlist, and therefore the waitlist likely moves more than the 60 'declined' spots.

Good luck to all of those still waiting! I know it sucks, but I hope some of you will get a pleasant phone call in a few weeks.

No, they didn't reply back. If you're really worried about it, you could call them to confirm.

so you know how western said to email them if you still want to remain on the waitlist...did they email you back once you confirmed this? :confused:

so you know how western said to email them if you still want to remain on the waitlist...did they email you back once you confirmed this? :confused:

I did get an email reply back on the 19th, so calling to confirm can't hurt - but I imagine it's a slow process getting all the emails organised. Maybe give it a day or two.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say they'll try a few times before giving up on you and moving onto the next guy on the list. (I recall them saying somewhere/sometime that they will not give away your spot until they have contacted you and you have said you do not want the spot).

I did get an email reply back on the 19th, so calling to confirm can't hurt - but I imagine it's a slow process getting all the emails organised. Maybe give it a day or two.

I just got a response from them today about remaining on the waitlist...they probably just have a lot of people to respond to, I wouldn't read in to it too much.

I did get a response thanking me and confirming it. They said that if my contact wasn't the same person I made on OMSAS i need to mail them a signed document of the change, and to OMSAS. but it was...so i didn't. Give them a call if you are worried. They're only people!

I did get a response thanking me and confirming it. They said that if my contact wasn't the same person I made on OMSAS i need to mail them a signed document of the change, and to OMSAS. but it was...so i didn't. Give them a call if you are worried. They're only people!

yeah i just got an email today actually, takes some time i guess

I e-mailed them too but all they said in their reply was "thank you, we'll keep this on file". They didn't say anything about OMSAS contact info.

so maybe i'm just not high enaugh on the waitlist for them to care??

I e-mailed them too but all they said in their reply was "thank you, we'll keep this on file". They didn't say anything about OMSAS contact info.

so maybe i'm just not high enaugh on the waitlist for them to care??

I bet you they don't see it like that. Don't read into any of their BS. They told you to give them info, you gave it to them, they thanked you, end of story.

Hello,

Do we have any idea how many people this "conservative" high wait list includes? I got the e-mail telling me that I am "high" on the wait list as well, but I am struggling to figure out what exactly this means.:confused:

i'm just afraid that maybe they'll call me and i miss their call/msg for some reason. So i wanted to know if they also send an e-mail to let us know that we've been chosen off the waitlist? or do they just call?

When I got my offer from UWO, Darla emailed every address that she had on file for me, called my home number, left multiple messages on my cellphone and finally resorted to calling my mom! Don't worry. They know it's important to contact you, and they will make every effort to do so.

Is it possible that only 12 people were given the "high rank" waitlist in anticipation of the opening up of 12 new seats?

unless they publish it somewhere later (which i doubt), i would say your guess is as good as mine...

Archived