Premed 101 Forums

It's kind of odd that nobody posted saying they got in to the Windsor campus. Maybe a fluke, but maybe those waitlist offers get sent out a little later...

its merely a percentage game... 5-6 times as many accepted at london, higher likelihood of people declining, higher likelihood of people posting on here... you get the picture... good luck to those who are still waiting

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
seems like it, but I suppose that makes sense. The only way you would turn it down is if you were got off two or more waitlists on the same day (if my early morning logic is working :)).

good luck to all today!

not necessarily. those who have provisionally accepted another school may receive an offer but then decide to make their provisional acceptance firm thus declining their spot on the waitlist.

So is that it for the first round of offers? have provisional acceptances become firm yet?

Hey,

I'm 99% sure they have not. For instance, my offer to Queen's (which i got off the waitlist on June 3rd) ends June 10th but I can accept provisionally, not firmly, in which case I have until the 12th to hear from another Ontario medical school. I can then accept an offer from another school, but if I don't get one, my offer from Queen's (or MAC, also off the waitlist on may 29th!), becomes firm i.e on the 12th. For waitlisters, there will be one spot available at one of those schools in the coming days. Goodluck...I was there too...be patient, expect the worst and hope for the best.

I logged in just to thank Meh for the advice. I am honestly reading this forum from a hotel in England. I planned a trip to Europe for after May 15 so that I'd have peace of mind while traveling (either a yes or a no) but got waitlisted in 2 places. Meeting with people and not having an answer to 'so what is it that you do?' is brutal. And so I've been checking. Not religiously but once a day and the feeling at the pit of my stomach if that wave of acceptances starts without me, I hate it. I think I'd rather just have the ignorance. It will allow to me to enjoy Europe and worst case, I'll just try again.

I just wanted to thank you because the neurotic nature of some posters is hard to brush off. It's not over and even if it ends up being over, we'll all persevere.

People were still getting in last year in late june (check the accepted/waitlisted/rejected forum), and both the people i know who were accepted to western last year off the waitlist got in in mid-june. I agree at this point you should definitely be starting to formulate a Plan B for next year, but I'm sure there are still quite a few spots left in the class, so don't panic because of facebook!

i spoke to maryanne and she said they will be making "some offers" possibly as early as friday in the late-afternoon...not earth shattering news but i just thought i would let everyone know...hang in there everybody!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aequanimitas View Post

I joined just because this one questions is nagging on me:

Where is the class of 2013 facebook group? What's its name? 'Cause I can't seem to find it!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/g...4057159&ref=mf

Took me a bit to find it as well. Kept looking for schulich something or other

Haha, thanks rmorelan. I tried searching 2013 Medical, 2013 Medicine, '13 Medical/Medicine, schulich medicine, Western Ontario...

Figures it's the one thing I didn't think of trying...

Your sig is 2013 :eek: Thanks fellow classmate!

Haha, thanks rmorelan. I tried searching 2013 Medical, 2013 Medicine, '13 Medical/Medicine, schulich medicine, Western Ontario...

Figures it's the one thing I didn't think of trying...

Your sig is 2013 :eek: Thanks fellow classmate!

I did the exactly the same, spent 30 minutes trying to find it, every combination I could think of :)

See you in Sept!

i spoke to maryanne and she said they will be making "some offers" possibly as early as friday in the late-afternoon...not earth shattering news but i just thought i would let everyone know...hang in there everybody!

Thanks for sharing gc88-did you happen to ask whether all the "high rank" waitlistees have been offered an admission yet? (i'm not even sure if they answer such questions though!)

I wonder if the "late afternoon" has "possibly" started?

Archived