Premed 101 Forums

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quote: rmorelan

Originally Posted by EconomicsRocks View Post

I'm not sure if sfinch is a purposeful troll or just dense, but there are probably only going to be so many Asian guys (if even more than 1) from Vancouver in London's 2013 class, so its not like the anonymity on premed101 is going to last long once people narrow it down in August. Why he's bashing the school, city, and ethnicity of a large proportion of his classmates before class starts in under 2 months is beyond me.

that's how self fulfilling prophecies start. Let's hope for clean slates when school starts.

Thanks rmorelan for pointing that out. I'm also an asian guy from Vancouver and I'm really looking forward to UWO this fall. I know EconomicsRocks didnt' mean anything malicious when he said this, but I was a little worried that the forum-goers were going to keep an eye out for asian vancouverites in case we turn into that dude sfinch. That's the second time you helped me out on this forum rmorelan, I'm starting to be a fan ;-)

And sfinch, getting accepted into a medical program should be a happy time for everyone, especially for the applicants themselves. Quite frankly, I'm a little embarrassed to be sharing your ethnicity and home city after you chose to destroy their moment. Alastriss, Ryan, I've been reading what you've been writing in the "Negatives about Windsor" thread, and I'm pumped to see people willing to tackle the supposed "negatives" about Windsor. The school's lucky to have forward-thinkers on board. Congrats.

i got a call this morning!!!!!!! got accepted into the Windsor campus! soooo grateful!

i've been very upset this week following the terrible events that are going on in my home country, Iran. all the unrest, violence and killings.

the great news i got this morning kept me away from the news websites for a while! but i think it's time to go back now.

best of luck to eveyone who's still waiting. :)

I just got a phone call from western granting me conditional acceptance given they receive a final transcript displaying a conferred degree.

How long did it take for you guys to receive an electronic acceptance package after being accepted off of the waitlist?

i got a call this morning!!!!!!! got accepted into the Windsor campus! soooo grateful!

i've been very upset this week following the terrible events that are going on in my home country, Iran. all the unrest, violence and killings.

the great news i got this morning kept me away from the news websites for a while! but i think it's time to go back now.

best of luck to eveyone who's still waiting. :)

Congrats and good luck to all concerned!

I just got a phone call from western granting me conditional acceptance given they receive a final transcript displaying a conferred degree.

How long did it take for you guys to receive an electronic acceptance package after being accepted off of the waitlist?

About 2 hours for me. My phone call was around noon, and the email arrived at 1:40. If not tonight, I'd bet Monday at the latest they'll have it to you.

Waitlist movement is always a difficult thing to predict. I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but I had a friend accepted off the UWO waitlist two years ago in early July, and another friend last year in late July. So, it is possible, however unlikely it may seem.

• 3 weeks later...
I just wanted to give a bit of hope to those still waiting. I was transferred from the Windsor to London campus today, which means there's one more spot in Windsor! I hope that helps someone!

How'd you manage to pull that off?

I was under the impression they were pretty firm on the location of an offer.

Congrats and good luck to one more waitlister at least.

Someone posted on the Windsor facebook page that they got off the waitlist yesterday.

How'd you manage to pull that off?

I was under the impression they were pretty firm on the location of an offer.

Congrats and good luck to one more waitlister at least.

Someone from London probably got off the waitlist at a different university and that opened up a spot for someone who preferred to be in London but got accepted at the Windsor campus.

I told them when I originally got my offer at Windsor that I would prefer to be at the London campus. They called me yesterday morning and told me that a spot had opened up at the London campus and they were at my name in the list and so could offer it to me. I was under the impression, however, that anyone at the Windsor campus who initially had London as their campus choice will be contacted if and when spots open up there.

That's crazy. I originally had London as my first choice, but by now I have paid a deposit on a place in Windsor and have made all kinds of other firm plans. It would just be cruel to offered a spot in London at this point.

I believe your rank order is the only thing used to offer spots: when you accept, you're accepting UWO not London or Windsor as the campus... if a spot opens up in your preferred campus, and you're the next highest ranked person who isn't in their preferred campus, you will be offered the switch; not cruel because you can always keep the spot you'd initially accepted.

Archived