Premed 101 Forums

Mock Interview in London

Biggidy

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This might make it easier to coordinate the number of people and the time(s) available for a meetup >>

Poll here: http://doodle.com/h32g28a5h76cngps

and PM'd my contact info to Biggidy. I can keep it up-to-date with whatever consensus/relevant information is most current.

If people like the poll method then maybe Biggidy can edit the link into the original post so new ppl in the thread see it. Also maybe ask some Western Meds if they'd grace us with some help/experience? As mentioned in some previous mock-threads, it might be a good idea to meet up once to organize and maybe start some mocks, with the possibility of a follow-up or two.

If we can get enough people, this is another option (taken from: http://www.career.uwo.ca/students/index.html )"

NEW for 2010!

Students – you can now request a workshop of your choice about career and employment topics:

How to Find a Job in Today’s Economy

Networking with Employers

An Introduction to Resumes and Cover Letters

Interview Strategies

Interview Strategies and Practice (for Medical and Dental School Applicants)

Western’s Student Success Centre – What Can We Do for You?

How do I do this?

1. Find at least 9 people who are interested in joining you, and our Career Counselling team will try to arrange and facilitate a workshop for your group of 10 or more.

2. Send your request to Snjezana Linkes (slinkes2@uwo.ca) at least 5 working days before the workshop.

3. Once you have confirmation from the Student Success Centre, the workshop will be open for registration through CareerCentral https://careercentral.uwo.ca Note: All participants must register for your event.

When and Where will the workshop happen?

All workshops will be held in the newly renovated Student Success Centre (UCC 210) at the time you requested or when UCC 210 and a facilitator are available.

I heard the pre-medical society organized one of these and it went really well.

Oh, is it too late to put my name in the hat?

I'm in Wloo for reading week, but I could just as easily commute to London. I find it really helps to get in the interview mindset and be prepared.

What dates were ya'll thinking of? Let me know either way! Thanks =)

EDIT: Oh I just saw the poll. Put my availabilities in. Hope that's okay.

So it seems the Feb 13/14 weekend works for most (maybe all) of us. Maybe we could arrange something then?

If we do the Career Centre thing, I would think that would have to be on a weekday.

Yeah, if you guys can pick a location, and a convenient time for all, I will SO be there. I don't know anything about London, but I do know the area around the University (a little bit). So if there are good coffee shops or anything of that sort, that would work well. And even if it's removed from the campus, I'll google map it and come. :) Looking forward to meeting you all!

The February 13/14 weekend is one I can do (I am going to Florida for reading week, but can put off my departure until the Monday to get some interview practice in....priorities!)

I could also do a weekday if the route of Career Services appeals to many...the only issue is that I work full time until 4 pm every day, so it would have to be at night for me to make it.

As for a meeting place, I recommend somewhere on campus, as there are a lot of places that could accommodate. Maybe even booking one of the conference rooms in Taylor library? Also, the London Public Library (downtown branch) is kinda out of the way compared to campus, but it's pretty awesome, and not as crowded as the school might be, since midterms are coming soon.

But really, I'm up for anywhere.

Hi guys,

I booked a study room at Taylor on February 13th from 11:00-1:00. I am going to set a cap of four individuals to this group (that way we can practise the 3 interviewers / interviewee panel style). The other 3 spots are open to whoever claims them (just post here once you are SURE that you can make it). Also, I would appreciate if someone can book the same room from 1:00 - 3:00 (it is the one booked under MJ). I figure we can just start with some general discussion about the interview and then get into some panel practise).

The four members:

1: BigM

2: MansionMD

3: Bryne

4: AdamP

Archived