Premed 101 Forums

Mock Interview in London

Biggidy

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yay! Okay, so I booked another room in Taylor. Same day, same time (it works for me, but if anyone really needs a change, that's flexible too). The booking is under SC.

And the people in this room are:

1) Me.

2) Orange123? (I'm assuming since you said you're interested! Let me know if this is okay.)

3) Your name here!

4) Your name here!

Hi guys,

Sorry I haven't been here for a few days, these forums wouldn't load for me for some reason. Anyways, the four spots for my study room on the 13th have been taken. The individuals are:

The four members:

1: BigM

2: MansionMD

3: Bryne

4: AdamP

Date: Saturday, February 13th

Time: 11:00 - 3:00 (if necessary)

Room: Taylor study room 159

Just let me know if any of you can't make it.

Hi guys,

Sorry I haven't been here for a few days, these forums wouldn't load for me for some reason. Anyways, the four spots for my study room on the 13th have been taken. The individuals are:

The four members:

1: BigM

2: MansionMD

3: Bryne

4: AdamP

Just let me know if any of you can't make it.

Yay! Okay, so I booked another room in Taylor. Same day, same time (it works for me, but if anyone really needs a change, that's flexible too). The booking is under SC.

1) Me.

2) Orange123? (I'm assuming since you said you're interested! Let me know if this is okay.)

3) Your name here!

4) Your name here!

Good decision dr_horrible on booking the same date and time as BigM's group. Do you guys think it would be beneficial to meet as a large group (8) to discuss overall interview tips and strategy, before separating into our two groups of 4 to practice? I'm just putting it out there.

1) Me.

3) Your name here!

4) Your name here!

Yes that's perfect! thanks! So Feb 13th? Have we settled on a time? Dr. horrible, I'm going to PM you!

Good decision dr_horrible on booking the same date and time as BigM's group. Do you guys think it would be beneficial to meet as a large group (8) to discuss overall interview tips and strategy, before separating into our two groups of 4 to practice? I'm just putting it out there.

I think that's a good idea!

I was thinking in terms of format for the interview, would a traditional 3-panel interview be the best to practice here since there will be 4 people in a room (1 interviewee and 3 interviewers)?

If we really wanted to go all out in making this as realistic as possible (at least for Ottawa or Queen's), we could have everyone bring a copy of their autobiograhical sketch (i.e. 48 items) part of their application and the interviewers could review it quickly before actually starting the interview.

Just a thought, I'm fine either way (UWO is a closed file interview afterall -- so need practice for that as well).

Also, I did a mock interview at the Career Centre last week and they had an evaluation form that I filled out together with the counsellor. I thought it provided useful feedback. I could bring in copies of that form if people think it would be nice to have.

Another idea: I have a webcam that I have been using to practice, so we could also videotape all of the interviews and if all bring a USB stick, all can get a copy.

I think that's a good idea!

I was thinking in terms of format for the interview, would a traditional 3-panel interview be the best to practice here since there will be 4 people in a room (1 interviewee and 3 interviewers)?

If we really wanted to go all out in making this as realistic as possible (at least for Ottawa or Queen's), we could have everyone bring a copy of their autobiograhical sketch (i.e. 48 items) part of their application and the interviewers could review it quickly before actually starting the interview.

Just a thought, I'm fine either way (UWO is a closed file interview afterall -- so need practice for that as well).

Also, I did a mock interview at the Career Centre last week and they had an evaluation form that I filled out together with the counsellor. I thought it provided useful feedback. I could bring in copies of that form if people think it would be nice to have.

Another idea: I have a webcam that I have been using to practice, so we could also videotape all of the interviews and if all bring a USB stick, all can get a copy.

Those all sound like good ideas.

I'm also going to propose another practice date on Saturday, February 27 -- same time (hopefully this doesn't end up being a U of T interview date). So if anyone would be interested in another session that day, feel free to sign up.

1) Byrne

2) Available

3) Available

4) Available

I'm also going to propose another practice date on Saturday, February 27 -- same time (hopefully this doesn't end up being a U of T interview date). So if anyone would be interested in another session that day, feel free to sign up.

1) Byrne

2) Available

3) Available

4) Available

I'll grab one of those spots also if you don't mind. I already have the 6 person room booked from 11:00-1:00 - we can use that again if you want to book the time slot following it...

I appreciate the offer but personally I'd rather just stick with the four than try to coordinate multiple groups. Of course, I'll leave this up to the other 3 in my group. If the majority prefer to start off in a group of 8 we'll do it.

I appreciate the offer but personally I'd rather just stick with the four than try to coordinate multiple groups. Of course, I'll leave this up to the other 3 in my group. If the majority prefer to start off in a group of 8 we'll do it.

we could meet up once we're done in the study rooms.

go for coffees and chillllll

I'll grab one of those spots also if you don't mind. I already have the 6 person room booked from 11:00-1:00 - we can use that again if you want to book the time slot following it...

I took the time slot after

So for the session on the 27th:

1) Byrne

2) orestes

3) BigM

4) Available

I'm also down for coffee/whatever afterwards on the 13th

Archived