Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invites?

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi everyone

last year I remember invites being sent out via email on Feb 2nd. They were supposed to come out earlier but there was a delay.

Rejections were sent out in the morning, invites afternoon... however, supposedly the year prior was invites 1st

good luck!

hi everyone

last year I remember invites being sent out via email on Feb 2nd. They were supposed to come out earlier but there was a delay.

Rejections were sent out in the morning, invites afternoon... however, supposedly the year prior was invites 1st

good luck!

For the past two years, invites were sent in the morning and rejections early afternoon. Last year, they were all sent on Fri Jan 29th.

sorry, youre right, I skipped a year and forgot that I am in 2nd year now, not 1st... the things a weekend of partying at medgames will do to the brain lol :s

so correction, 2 years ago they came out feb 2nd :) but, in my year, invites were sent out after rejections. rejections morning, invites afternoon... this was noted to be different from previous years though

goood luck!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder if Ottawa will release invites/rejections this week...does anyone know approximately how many applicants Ottawa typically interviews? (I know there was a document posted by previous premed101s with the stats for each medical school but I can't remember what that document was called)

From "champ":

http://www.premed101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48348&page=2

"So I called the number once again just before closing time and got a response. She said largely the cut offs didnt change from last year and I think she said the interview invites will go out Jan 31st...email perhaps? (dont hold me to that date it could change perhaps but I doubt it)

OOP 3.87

In province out of Ottawa stands at 3.85

Ottawa area in province 3.7

*these are all quoted as wgpa's

Those were the cut offs I asked for. Sorry, I forgot about the french streams.

Are these any differnet from other years? I think its the same....."

I think I'm going to have a heart attack on Monday checking my e-mail. UofC & Ottawa same day, and potentially UofT too (although UofT could be tomorrow).

i'm in the exact same boat as you. it's very nerve wrecking.

good luck to you. maybe we'll see each other at both the uOttawa and UofC interviews. :)

i'm in the exact same boat as you. it's very nerve wrecking.

good luck to you. maybe we'll see each other at both the uOttawa and UofC interviews. :)

Thanks, best of luck to you too! It's funny because Ottawa does it by alphabetical order, so my last name starts with a K, so if yours starts with something near, maybe we will meet lol.. I remember meeting two people with the same last name as me last year (I have a very common last name)

After getting rejected by UoT I don't have much hope for UOtt.

Cross your fingers. I thought there was no way I was getting an invite last year and I had to refrain from jumping around last year when I read the e-mail on a public computer at the cancer centre.

With 2 already in the bag, you're in a great position already.

Good luck in the next few days for Ottawa.

ha wow.....the wait appears to be easier once you've lost all hope.......

I'd suggest you guys try that for your nerves but it just sounds cruel.

Good luck tomorrow!

My expectations are pretty much as low as they can be considering I was rejected pre-interview last year :(

I am just hoping for an interview so I can stay in home city :o

Archived