Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invites?

Alright, well, I guess I should brace for a rejection, since my last name is in the ABC range. Weird, since I thought ECs were the strongest part of my application.

Upsetting. Ottawa was my second choice after Dal. I'll trade a Calgary, Western, and Mac interview for someones Ottawa interview. I'm keeping the Dal interview. This is allowed, no?

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alright, well, I guess I should brace for a rejection, since my last name is in the ABC range. Weird, since I thought ECs were the strongest part of my application.

Upsetting. Ottawa was my second choice after Dal. I'll trade a Calgary, Western, and Mac interview for someones Ottawa interview. I'm keeping the Dal interview. This is allowed, no?

Maybe the email is just slow in getting to your inbox. Positive thoughts!

Nope, panel.

EDIT: knowing you, f_d, you were probably asking so you'd know whether you should get ready to post the MMI package, haha.

I think it's great, by the way, and a lot of the stuff that's in that package would also be relevant for a panel interview.

I would agree that is going up in the interview seciton as soon as I can process it.

Or maybe it's not alphabetical? But that's just silly wishful thinking. My wGPA would only be a 3.87... but I thought my ECs were good. Or at least, Queen's thought so....

This is why I am mystified. GPA was a HUGE barrier for me, but I did not lack confidence in my ECs. After getting Calgary/Mac invites, I figured that my ECs and presentation of myself (CASP) must be good, so I had high hopes for Ottawa.

The Calgary application was due after OMSAS though, and I think I spent a lot more time on it...

Archived