• You have accepted your offer of admission to McMaster
    • You have declined your offer of admission to McMaster
    • You have withdrawn yourself from the waitlist at McMaster
    • You have the sudden urge to participate

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
'Tis not early no more...

Perhaps they regret sending offers out early and will send them after 5PM...

Thoughts?

or maybe it's because that's all the offers they're going to give for now and we have to wait until these current offers have been accepted or declined?

.. I hope not

I dunno if there will be any offers today. Right now you're just waiting on waitlist offers, and I don't think the deadline for those offers has passed yet...

I could be wrong, perhaps the earlier waitlist offers had a deadline of May 30.

History dictates otherwise. They did NOT send out all the offers in one day. THere will be solid movement throughout this week. Next week and beyond will depend on how many people decline their waitlsit offers.

Look at the dates below.

Accepted = 7

Rejected = 3

Waitlist = /

Accepted off Waitlist = 9 (May 29, May 29, May 29, May 29, May 30, June 1, June 1, June 4, June 8)

Accepted = 13

Rejected = /

Waitlist = 6

Accepted off Waitlist = 7 (May 30, May 30, May 30, May 30, June 16, June 16)

"Accepted from wait list. Email says I was on top of the wait list!" The poster said this, indicating if you get in your e-mail will say this.

Accepted = 23

Rejected =

Waitlist = 1

Accepted off Waitlist = 19 (May 26; May 26; May 29; May 29; May 29; May 29; May 29; May 29; June 1; June 2; June 2; June 3; June 3; June 8; June 10; June 10; June 11; June 12; June 15)

Accepted = 29

Rejected = 2

Waitlist = 6

Accepted off waitlist = 13 (May 26; May 27; May 27 May 27; May 27; May 27; May 28; May 28; May 28; May 31; May 31; June 16; July 7)

There's still hope!!! I received an offer today at 11:00am. I didn’t really read these forums in the past but since I got waitlisted I have been continuously checking this thread. I wanted to share the news with you guys because you have been sooo helpful. You’ve kept my spirits up for sure! :)

Time: 11:00am, Hamilton Campus (first choice)

3rd year applicant, cGPA: 3.97, VR: 9

It’s my only option so I’m definitely accepting :)

Hang in there! Good luck to everyone, I hope you hear good news soon!!!

There's still hope!!! I received an offer today at 11:00am. I didn’t really read these forums in the past but since I got waitlisted I have been continuously checking this thread. I wanted to share the news with you guys because you have been sooo helpful. You’ve kept my spirits up for sure! :)

Time: 11:00am, Hamilton Campus (first choice)

3rd year applicant, cGPA: 3.97, VR: 9

It’s my only option so I’m definitely accepting :)

Hang in there! Good luck to everyone, I hope you hear good news soon!!!

Congrats! :)

Every day that goes by this week deflates me a little.. :(

This is my first time posting. I've been a constant lurker over the last few weeks - also waitlisted at Mac which is the only school I interviewed at.

Congrats to all those who got in! Sounds like you've worked so hard!

I wanted to thank everyone who's been posting to keep us updated and most of all to help me (and many others, from the sound of it) feel supported. Shout-out to Lupe who has been so great with information!

I'm not gonna lie though - I also needed to express some stuff. This has been an incredibly difficult process for me. I really don't want to go to grad school but my parents are making me now that they paid all the application fees. It's just so hard since medicine is what I really want to do. I'm sure many people can relate. Anyways, I still feel like the only person who's been crying daily for the last few weeks every time I don't see the special email in my inbox... Still, thanks to everyone for keeping more sane than I would otherwise be!

This is my first time posting. I've been a constant lurker over the last few weeks - also waitlisted at Mac which is the only school I interviewed at.

I wanted to thank everyone who's been posting to keep us updated and most of all to help me (and many others, from the sound of it) feel supported. Shout-out to Lupe who has been so great with information!

I'm not gonna lie though - I also needed to express some stuff. This has been an incredibly difficult process for me. I really don't want to go to grad school but my parents are making me now that they paid all the application fees. It's just so hard since medicine is what I really want to do. I'm sure many people can relate. Anyways, I still feel like the only person who's been crying daily for the last few weeks every time I don't see the special email in my inbox... Still, thanks to everyone for keeping more sane than I would otherwise be!

Thanks for sharing Sarah

Chin up and hang in there!

If you get a chance to, why not apply again?

It's my sense that many folks apply more than once!

Don't be deterred if you don't get in this time (which you can't be sure of yet!), try again!

Thanks for sharing Sarah

Chin up and hang in there!

If you get a chance to, why not apply again?

It's my sense that many folks apply more than once!

Don't be deterred if you don't get in this time (which you can't be sure of yet!), try again!

Thanks for the kind response Nikki - this is what I mean about everyone here being so supportive!

I will of course be re-applying - every year for the rest of my life if I have to! (Even though I know some schools have limits on how many times you can reapply lol).

I guess it's just really difficult to fathom spending a year or more on something I don't care so much about when I know exactly what I do want to be doing. I really just want to crawl into a hole and hibernate for a year but alas my spot in grad school is reserved.

First off, THANKS for joining and posting!!!

Secondly, I appreciate the shout-out :)

Now, I just want to say that I am in almost the EXACT same position as you with the whole grad school thing. I've applied and have a spot reserved as well but I will be turning it down no matter what. I'm applying for some medically related jobs (research and the like) where I can gain some experience and get paid for a year and I will re-apply. I have no intentions of leaving the country AT ALL and I will also keep applying at least until I'm at 50 :P . At that point a reality check will be in store for me.

DON'T BE UPSET PLEASE!!!! lol. You are definitely NOT the only one. I actually had a mini temper tantrum yesterday... We are all human and if it doesn't hurt, you are a better person than I.

PM me if you want to talk outside of the forums; Nikki and I have been doing so on MSN for quite a while now.

Also, I know this is corny but it's always darkest before dawn. It's hard for me to mentally prepare myself for not getting in but I think it's something I should get on top of right away; that way, if I don't get in, I won't be nearly as upset.

For a laugh: last night I had a dream that I got called back to Mac for a SECOND interview. And then, I showed up late for the interview, missed it, and freaked out!

Ahhh, it will be better when this is all over...

For a laugh: last night I had a dream that I got called back to Mac for a SECOND interview. And then, I showed up late for the interview, missed it, and freaked out!

Ahhh, it will be better when this is all over...

OOoo I smell a reality show cooking in your head... I'd watch it!!!! ;)

First off, THANKS for joining and posting!!!

Secondly, I appreciate the shout-out :)

Now, I just want to say that I am in almost the EXACT same position as you with the whole grad school thing. I've applied and have a spot reserved as well but I will be turning it down no matter what. I'm applying for some medically related jobs (research and the like) where I can gain some experience and get paid for a year and I will re-apply. I have no intentions of leaving the country AT ALL and I will also keep applying at least until I'm at 50 :P . At that point a reality check will be in store for me.

DON'T BE UPSET PLEASE!!!! lol. You are definitely NOT the only one. I actually had a mini temper tantrum yesterday... We are all human and if it doesn't hurt, you are a better person than I.

PM me if you want to talk outside of the forums; Nikki and I have been doing so on MSN for quite a while now.

Also, I know this is corny but it's always darkest before dawn. It's hard for me to mentally prepare myself for not getting in but I think it's something I should get on top of right away; that way, if I don't get in, I won't be nearly as upset.

What a great message! Thanks!

Sorry to be a downer to everyone. I'm oscillating between moderately positive thoughts (the patience in waiting another year and the things I learn in grad school will make me a better doctor, etc) and tears, falling mostly on the sad end. But I guess for all of us (or maybe I should only speak for myself), there's at least something to be learned from this.

Now, I just want to say that I am in almost the EXACT same position as you with the whole grad school thing. I've applied and have a spot reserved as well but I will be turning it down no matter what. I'm applying for some medically related jobs (research and the like) where I can gain some experience and get paid for a year and I will re-apply.

I'm in that same boat, except I'm not sure if risking not getting in after taking a year to work is worth it, cause then that following year you'd use to re-apply again could have just equalled a Masters degree...

how'd you reason through it?

I'm in that same boat, except I'm not sure if risking not getting in after taking a year to work is worth it, cause then that following year you'd use to re-apply again could have just equalled a Masters degree...

how'd you reason through it?

I'm sending you a PM.

This is my first time posting too, just registered this morning. I was also waitlisted at Mac and I've been lurking this thread for the past couple weeks too nervous to post. This is going to sound really cheesy so I apologize in advance but yesterday while reading this thread I was overcome with emotion over the kindness shown by you guys to each other. People tend to think that those trying to get into medical school are cut-throat and self-absorbed but you are all willing to spend hours helping others and supporting each other. These are the kind of people we need as doctors in our society and I know that you guys will get in (whether its this year or the next or the next) cause you guys deserve it.

Anyways haha that was my little cheesy rant. I really just had this feeling that I needed to say that. You have all helped me stay sane and grounded throughout these past few weeks and I want you all to know that I appreciate it :)

This is my first time posting too, just registered this morning. I was also waitlisted at Mac and I've been lurking this thread for the past couple weeks too nervous to post. This is going to sound really cheesy so I apologize in advance but yesterday while reading this thread I was overcome with emotion over the kindness shown by you guys to each other. People tend to think that those trying to get into medical school are cut-throat and self-absorbed but you are all willing to spend hours helping others and supporting each other. These are the kind of people we need as doctors in our society and I know that you guys will get in (whether its this year or the next or the next) cause you guys deserve it.

Anyways haha that was my little cheesy rant. I really just had this feeling that I needed to say that. You have all helped me stay sane and grounded throughout these past few weeks and I want you all to know that I appreciate it :)

Great post and thanks for sharing!

This is my first year applying to medical school and I wondered too about the "cut throat" competitive med school applicant/student myth.

My interview day threw that idea to the lions.

The people that I met on interview day, in my group, were the funniest, kindest, nicest group of people around.

Everyone was supportive of eachother and right before start time we all shook hands and wished eachother luck.

It confirmed, for me, that it was an environment I would love to study and learn in and a group of people I would love to learn from

Great post and thanks for sharing!

This is my first year applying to medical school and I wondered too about the "cut throat" competitive med school applicant/student myth.

My interview day threw that idea to the lions.

The people that I met on interview day, in my group, were the funniest, kindest, nicest group of people around.

Everyone was supportive of eachother and right before start time we all shook hands and wished eachother luck.

It confirmed, for me, that it was an environment I would love to study and learn in and a group of people I would love to learn from

Yeah, I think that myth is more true for Ivy league schools in the US but maybe not anymore. :S

Anyways I also wanted to thank EVERYONE here, your posts definitely helped with the wait and the stats by Lupe made me more and more hopeful. I hope all of you get accepted and if not this year than the next. You will all make great MDs!!

Archived