• You have accepted your offer of admission to McMaster
    • You have declined your offer of admission to McMaster
    • You have withdrawn yourself from the waitlist at McMaster
    • You have the sudden urge to participate

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Everybody,

I wanted to share the good news, today I was accepted off the waitlist! (Waterloo campus - I got the email at 5:17pm)

I have been following this thread since May 5th, it has been a good way to get all the latest information so thanks to everyone who has been posting.

Good luck to everyone and I look forward to meeting you in September. :)

Hi everyone! Long time lurker, first registered and posted today to deliver some good news to all waitlisters!

I was accepted off the waitlist for Waterloo campus today at 5:12 pm. Looks like waitlist is moving fast, so hopefully everyone receives good news soon.

Hang in there :)

I received the e-mail at 5:00 p.m. Hang in there guys. I was waitlisted for the interview as well, so my main message is not to lose hope.

Hi Everybody,

I wanted to share the good news, today I was accepted off the waitlist! (Waterloo campus - I got the email at 5:17pm)

I have been following this thread since May 5th, it has been a good way to get all the latest information so thanks to everyone who has been posting.

Good luck to everyone and I look forward to meeting you in September. :)

Hi everyone! Long time lurker, first registered and posted today to deliver some good news to all waitlisters!

I was accepted off the waitlist for Waterloo campus today at 5:12 pm. Looks like waitlist is moving fast, so hopefully everyone receives good news soon.

Hang in there :)

Looks like we'll be classmates in Waterloo mayberlin!

The good person in me congratulates you, but the cynic in me refuses (sadly) to believe wl movement has as of yet started based on these posts.

+1, three new posters who seem to be having a conversation among themselves. Hope a mod can do an IP check.

Either way, I declined Mac (hamilton) to free up a spot for you guys.

+1, three new posters who seem to be having a conversation among themselves. Hope a mod can do an IP check.

Either way, I declined Mac (hamilton) to free up a spot for you guys.

i'm new at this, is that why i don't get it? what's the speculation about?

i'm new at this, is that why i don't get it? what's the speculation about?

There's a suspicion that the last three posters who've claimed they have gotten in off the wait list are actually just a single person... trying to mess with us basically.

Although I guess it's kind of sad how obsessive some of us are (I check this forum several times throughout the day), you've got to be a complete and utter loser to troll on one of these boards. Pretty lame lol...

I'd hope they're legit. I don't really see the point in faking it. It seems pretty pointless...I don't see the reward in it for a troll, as it won't elicit much of a reaction, they'll just get a some congratulations

I'd hope they're legit. I don't really see the point in faking it. It seems pretty pointless...I don't see the reward in it for a troll, as it won't elicit much of a reaction, they'll just get a some congratulations

A simple solution would be for them to copy/paste the e-mail McMaster sent them. I have a general idea of what it should look like so I will be able to confirm/deny its authenticity.

Hey guys, I just got accepted off the waitlist. Very happy ofcourse (Thank God). These last few posts must be legit. I'll copy paste my email here (timestamp: 5:02PM):

Congratulations! This is to advise you that an offer of admission to the Michael G. DeGroote School of Medicine, Hamilton Campus is on the way to you in the mail today. As there is an impending postal strike in Ontario, I have scanned the contents of the package to you as well. You have until June 8th to respond to this offer (using the response form in the package and appended to this email; and by logging into your OMSAS account and accepting or declining the offer electronically – it may take 1-2 days for your offer to appear on the OMSAS secure messaging system).

In a few days you will hear from a current McMaster MD student on email in case you have any questions to pose to a student while you consider this offer. If you have other questions, please do not hesitate to email me.

If you are accepting your offer, there are a number of things to look after over the coming weeks – a police records check, health screening forms and basic life support for healthcare providers – all must be submitted to us by August 4th. Please ensure you look after these right away. They are conditions of your offer and extensions to the August 4th deadline are not given.

I look forward to meeting you in the fall.

Take care

Wendy"

I just want to say. I bombed 3 stations and thought I was near the end of the waitlist if anything...keep your hopes up. If I made it, anyone can, seriously.

guys i got accepted off the waitlist today too :) im not sure if im accepting it, im still waitin to hear from queens. i'll wait until monday and then i'll take it if i dnt get anything from queens. the email above is basically what i got too.

good luck to all the waitlisters out there! i know how anxious u must be but when it comes u'll forget all abt the wait :) good luck everyone

hamilton was my first choice and thts wht i was offered. to be honest i dnt quite remember what my second choice was...

To those who were accepted: Could you tell us if Waterloo was your first choice?

Hamilton was my first choice, Waterloo was second. I think waitlisters get offered spots as they become available, regardless of choice order? I'm not too sure about this as Wendy didn't mention anything in her email!

Archived