• You were waitlisted at McMaster
    • You have accepted your offer of admission to McMaster
    • You have declined your offer of admission to McMaster
    • You have withdrawn yourself from the waitlist at McMaster
    • You have the sudden urge to participate

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If they had just given us our ranking on the waitlist, it wouldn't be so difficult. They think we have the ability to handle of potentially being doctors, but apparently we aren't capable of handling our ranking on a list.

I've actually made a list of all the things i want to do if i DON"T get in this year. And i am looking forward to them all! Except that I feel that I am frozen in time and can't move forward until I know. I agree, if I knew my ranking, this would be a whole lot simpler.

This wait is killing me.

Me too, i-c. Me too.

Same. To an extent, I wish I DIDN"T know this forum existed and that I didn't know the waitlist has started moving. It has made me a slave to my email...

If they had just given us our ranking on the waitlist, it wouldn't be so difficult. They think we have the ability to handle of potentially being doctors, but apparently we aren't capable of handling our ranking on a list.

I've actually made a list of all the things i want to do if i DON"T get in this year. And i am looking forward to them all! Except that I feel that I am frozen in time and can't move forward until I know. I agree, if I knew my ranking, this would be a whole lot simpler.

+1

10char

Such a good idea!!! I think I may do this next week if I don't get "the call".

So what are some of the things on your list?

My problem is I've had a billion (usually part-time or temporary) jobs and have not found anything I really enjoy doing. The thought of not getting in and having to work a tedious/boring/annoying job for a year sucks.

Agreed haha. They treat the applicants at UofS the same way:(

Such a good idea!!! I think I may do this next week if I don't get "the call".

So what are some of the things on your list?

My problem is I've had a billion (usually part-time or temporary) jobs and have not found anything I really enjoy doing. The thought of not getting in and having to work a tedious/boring/annoying job for a year sucks.

I have it on a piece of foolscap paper in the drawer of my desk at work. It keeps me sane:

-develop my (small) bath bomb business (Bite My Lip Bath Bombs): find one whole saler and open up an Etsy store

-organize my mosaic art space and take a course on 3 dimensional mosaics this summer

-volunteer at the Ottawa Greekfest in August (a highlight of my summer!)

-continue participating in the Ottawa Running Club (run a 5k in the Fall)

-plant a garden in the community garden plot behind my building

-host dinner party fundraisers for a friend's NGO

all things i couldn't do if i got in. Either I wouldn't have the money, or the time, or I would no longer be able to participate because of a move away from Ottawa.

I tell you, it helps the stress to look at it!

lol

Anyone else just refresh their email every 5 minutes? lol Nothing today :(

If there is a world record for "number of time email refreshed in an hour", i'm pretty sure i'm close...especially around this time of day!

They can't because our position on the waitlist is fairly volatile. For instance, I could be at spot #70 on May 5th, and then with people accepting elsewhere and withdrawing from the waitlist move up to #30 two weeks later, and then once they started taking people off the waitlist my rank would increase each day. In order to give us a realistic picture they would have to update us on a regular basis. And imagine the poor, unfortunate soul who would move up to #1 on the waitlist only to have the class become completely full!

I think one of my friends just got into the hamilton campus off the waitlist (they may or may not have an account here haha)... still more movement to be had though, good luck everyone!

I am that friend haha. Premed101 has been such a huge help to me, and I wanted to let you guys know even though I rarely join forums. This site was the crack to my addiction :D I checked it all the time and loved every single post. It kept me alive for sure!

I just wanted to say: DO NOT LOSE HOPE! I have a 9 VR and 3.81 cGPA. Far from ideal, but it can still happen! Time stamp 5:23pm, Hamilton campus (first choice) :D

Good luck to everyone checking this thread and I hope to see you there in August!

I don't know. But a guess of mine is: end of business day today is a deadline for some is it not? Perhaps they want to wait to receive all responses that come in by deadline today and sort through them next business day, which is Monday. ???

Archived