• You were waitlisted at McMaster
    • You have accepted your offer of admission to McMaster
    • You have declined your offer of admission to McMaster
    • You have withdrawn yourself from the waitlist at McMaster
    • You have the sudden urge to participate

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think today will probably have the most movement. I find it hard to believe we are past the peak of waitlist movement. The office was probably just getting the offers in order and processing all the acceptances on the 27th (as well as today), and will send them all out tonight, probably after 5. After today though, I'm not expecting a happy email :(

I think today will probably have the most movement. I find it hard to believe we are past the peak of waitlist movement. The office was probably just getting the offers in order and processing all the acceptances on the 27th (as well as today), and will send them all out tonight, probably after 5. After today though, I'm not expecting a happy email :(

I completely agree, if someone gets off the waitlist, today is their best shot. I'm expecting offers to go out early this afternoon though, hopefully they're just taking the morning to get their ducks in a row.

Waitlist movement prior to the deadline very rarely happens at McMaster as supported by Wendy.

The issue is I'm not sure if the waitlist movement was initiated by the vast number of declines or the fact that Queens, for the first time ever (to my knowledge), started moving their waitlist prior to the deadline and McMaster didn't want to lose applicants waitlisted at both schools.

Here's to hoping for a great Monday and an amazing 2 weeks for EVERYBODY!!!

Slightly off topic, but Queen's started moving their waitlist early last year as well.

As for this year, people probably waited until the last day (friday) to accept their positions at whatever Ontario school. So today Mac can sort out those results and offer positions. Also, some people who are currently holding spots may be on a waitlist at an OOP school, get in there, and drop their Mac acceptance. Finally, when people get an offer from the waitlist, they may decline due to acceptances elsewhere. The point I'm basically trying to make is that I think there's still a fair bit of movement left to go.

This is making me sad. How can there not be any movement on the final day of acceptances though? Have we really reached the peak waitlist movement already?

There will be movement!!! Don't be upset. Remember they also have to mail out personalized acceptance packages to those on the waitlist who have been accepted, so that takes quite a while. They will not get out all the offers today; they will trickle in throughout the week. And those who declined their waitlist offers, will have their offers go to someone else next week.

This week will have the most movement. They are not going to send out all the offers at once as it is more complicated than that; a lot of work goes into accepting people. It's really silly for you to say that you are not expecting a happy e-mail after today: Refer to the last quote I have attached to this post inidcating the dates of waitlist movement on premed101 in past years. Stop being so cynical!!!

I completely agree, if someone gets off the waitlist, today is their best shot. I'm expecting offers to go out early this afternoon though, hopefully they're just taking the morning to get their ducks in a row.

They will take a while; they are not under any strict time constraints. They will do what is most convenient for them. Today may or may not be anyone's best shot; I think this week is anyone's best shot BUT there will be solid movement for the next 2 weeks as indicated by the bottom quote. The week of the 17th of June should be around the time when people should give up hope if they haven't heard anything.

I guess I'll repost this:

Accepted = 7

Rejected = 3

Waitlist = /

Accepted off Waitlist = 9 (May 29, May 29, May 29, May 29, May 30, June 1, June 1, June 4, June 8)

Accepted = 13

Rejected = /

Waitlist = 6

Accepted off Waitlist = 7 (May 30, May 30, May 30, May 30, June 16, June 16)

Accepted = 23

Rejected =

Waitlist = 1

Accepted off Waitlist = 19 (May 26; May 26; May 29; May 29; May 29; May 29; May 29; May 29; June 1; June 2; June 2; June 3; June 3; June 8; June 10; June 10; June 11; June 12; June 15)

Accepted = 29

Rejected = 2

Waitlist = 6

Accepted off waitlist = 13 (May 26; May 27; May 27 May 27; May 27; May 27; May 28; May 28; May 28; May 31; May 31; June 16; July 7)

Accepted = 35

Rejected = 7

Waitlist = 13 (The poll says 33)

Keep your chin up fellas!

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you guys know that I was accepted off the wait list at the Hamilton campus. I got the email at 12:58PM.

I was also waitlisted at UWO (bad list), so I'll probably be accepting this offer. Thanks and may the wait list move swiftly!

also, over at the NOSM waitlist thread, it looks like Chuck88 just got an offer off the McMaster waitlist just now. it's moving fast guys!!! good luck :)

Got an offer of admission from McMaster (Time Stamp 12:49PM) and NOSM. Will likely be accepting McMaster!

Good luck to everyone else

I just wanna say thanks to everyone on this thread. You really made the wait bearable. I know a lot of people criticize the kind of people who frequent pm101 as being overly intense and whatnot, but you guys are amazing. I hope you all make it off the waitlist. I actually feel genuinely bad about the people still on the list because I feel like every single one of you deserve it.

Best of luck everyone.

I-C

There are 28 people viewing this thread. I imagine most of them are lurkers.

Lurkers, if you are not at work, could you please call the above number and ask if there are any more offers that will go out today? Sign up for an account and let us know what they say. I imagine this thread has given you a lot of information over these past few weeks; it would be nice if you could contribute and help us all out!!!

I just received an offer of addmission to the Niagra campus (second choice) at 1:06 pm.:D I am confident that more of you will get in off the waitlist - I am sure there are more offers to come today because some people are waiting to hear from other schools until they accept, others have already received offers from more than one waitlist and we have until June 13th to accept... don't lose hope!

There are 28 people viewing this thread. I imagine most of them are lurkers.

Lurkers, if you are not at work, could you please call the above number and ask if there are any more offers that will go out today? Sign up for an account and let us know what they say. I imagine this thread has given you a lot of information over these past few weeks; it would be nice if you could contribute and help us all out!!!

Lupe is right; He, NikkiR and Retractable (and others who have now moved on) have provided so much info on this site over the past few weeks that have given us all hope... so everyone should do their part. I hope the three of you get an offer soon, I'm really holding thumbs for you guys :)

Also, some info I found out a few days ago... not sure if anyone still cares to know this or not but: geographical status has no bearing at this stage of the process. Offers of admission are provided to waitlisters based on rank order. There is only one waitlist at this stage.

Best of luck!!!!:)

Lupe is right; He, NikkiR and Retractable (and others who have now moved on) have provided so much info on this site over the past few weeks that have given us all hope... so everyone should do their part. I hope the three of you get an offer soon, I'm really holding thumbs for you guys :)

Also, some info I found out a few days ago... not sure if anyone still cares to know this or not but: geographical status has no bearing at this stage of the process. Offers of admission are provided to waitlisters based on rank order. There is only one waitlist at this stage.

Best of luck!!!!:)

Could you call and ask if we should expect more movement today? :P

Suddenly I now realize why the waitlist moved after 5PM last week...

Could you call and ask if we should expect more movement today? :P

Suddenly I now realize why the waitlist moved after 5PM last week...

Why, why, why?!!!! I'm not even on mac's waitlist, but this is too interesting! Why after 5?:)

Archived