• You have accepted your offer of admission to McMaster
    • You have declined your offer of admission to McMaster
    • You have withdrawn yourself from the waitlist at McMaster
    • You have the sudden urge to participate

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8:27

Lupe, I'm absolutely certain that all of the waitlist emails were sent by Wendy at the same time, so don't read too much into the time stamps.

Ha! 8:25!

But yes, I'm pretty sure it's because my last name is at the beginning of the alphabet lol...

Didn't receive an offer... :(

Time Stamp on May 5 was 8:27 am

Got in off the wait-list on May 30

My last name is at the end of the alphabet so I kinda doubt that it was sent in alphabetical order either. I feel like they were all sent as a batch and the time stamps differ because of delays.

But guys there is plenty of time left and although it seems as if movement will be slow from here on out, there will still likely be movement so don't lose hope just yet! :)

Offer of admission to Niagara campus

Time stamp: 9:18

I'll definitely be accepting

GPA = 3.69

VR = 11

Good luck to all the rest of you! It looks like there is some movement.

Congrats sarah! I'm pretty sure I know the person who gave up that spot that you just got ; )

Offer of admission to Niagara campus

Time stamp: 9:18

I'll definitely be accepting

GPA = 3.69

VR = 11

Good luck to all the rest of you! It looks like there is some movement.

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a turn of events??!?!?! You should look back at some of your posts to see how you were feeling prior to today!!!

To everyone else on the waitlist including myself, remember that in my original post on page 3 of this thread I said: "May 26th, June 9th, and June 15th are popular dates for getting e-mails."

June 8th and June 13th are the deadlines for the first two baches of offers. Sarah could you tell us what your deadline to accept is. I imagine a lot of people are holding on to their offer waiting for other schools waitlists to come through.

Let's see what happens this week...

Mine is due June 9th, so I don't know if there was a date set for any "batches", it's probably just 2 weeks after people get notified, so anytime between June 8th and 13th is probably a good time to expect offers to come out!

Thanks everyone! And Lupe, it is such a turn of events because I was really down about things until now.

Also, my date to reply by is June 20th so I'm pretty sure most offers are going out with two weeks to respond.

Again, good luck to all of you who are still waiting on offers!

This thread has the second most replies and views on the McMaster section of this forum, second only to the Accepted/Rejected/Waitlist thread. It's quite an accomplishment I think!

The views will likely not reach top spot but I expect the replies to supercede the Accepted/Rejected/Waitlist thread very soon, although I'm positive the Accepted/Rejected/Waitlist thread will make a comeback next year.

2007: Accepted off Waitlist = 9 (May 29, May 29, May 29, May 29, May 30, June 1, June 1, June 4, June 8)

2008: Accepted off Waitlist = 7 (May 30, May 30, May 30, May 30, June 16, June 16)

2009: Accepted off Waitlist = 19 (May 26; May 26; May 29; May 29; May 29; May 29; May 29; May 29; June 1; June 2; June 2; June 3; June 3; June 8; June 10; June 10; June 11; June 12; June 15)

2010: Accepted off waitlist = 13 (May 26; May 27; May 27 May 27; May 27; May 27; May 28; May 28; May 28; May 31; May 31; June 16; July 7)

2011: Accepted off waitlist = 14 (May 24; May 24; May 25 May 25; May 25; May 26; May 26; May 30; May 30; May 30; May 30; May 30; May 31; June 6)

I found an interesting pattern while looking at the 2009 and 2011 data. I'm only using the 2009 data set because it is the most robust one we have.

In 2009, as in 2011, there were 5 days of solid movement of the waitlist (2009: May 26, May 29, June 1, June 2, June 3; 2011: May 24, May 25, May 26, May 30, May 31). Then, there was a 4-5 day period (including the weekend) where there was no movement (2009: June 4 - June 7; 2011: June 1 - June 5). Then, there was one day of waitlist movement (June 8, 2009 and June 6, 2011). Then, there was one more day of no movement (June 9, 2009 and June 7, 2011) followed by 4 days of movement.

This makes sense as the deadline to accept/decline your offer all lie around this week. There should be some movement Wednesday through Friday, and then Monday.

Let's wait and see what happens tomorrow...

2007: Accepted off Waitlist = 9 (May 29, May 29, May 29, May 29, May 30, June 1, June 1, June 4, June 8)

2008: Accepted off Waitlist = 7 (May 30, May 30, May 30, May 30, June 16, June 16)

2009: Accepted off Waitlist = 19 (May 26; May 26; May 29; May 29; May 29; May 29; May 29; May 29; June 1; June 2; June 2; June 3; June 3; June 8; June 10; June 10; June 11; June 12; June 15)

2010: Accepted off waitlist = 13 (May 26; May 27; May 27 May 27; May 27; May 27; May 28; May 28; May 28; May 31; May 31; June 16; July 7)

2011: Accepted off waitlist = 14 (May 24; May 24; May 25 May 25; May 25; May 26; May 26; May 30; May 30; May 30; May 30; May 30; May 31; June 6)

I found an interesting pattern while looking at the 2009 and 2011 data. I'm only using the 2009 data set because it is the most robust one we have.

In 2009, as in 2011, there were 5 days of solid movement of the waitlist (2009: May 26, May 29, June 1, June 2, June 3; 2011: May 24, May 25, May 26, May 30, May 31). Then, there was a 4-5 day period (including the weekend) where there was no movement (2009: June 4 - June 7; 2011: June 1 - June 5). Then, there was one day of waitlist movement (June 8, 2009 and June 6, 2011). Then, there was one more day of no movement (June 9, 2009 and June 7, 2011) followed by 4 days of movement.

This makes sense as the deadline to accept/decline your offer all lie around this week. There should be some movement Wednesday through Friday, and then Monday.

Let's wait and see what happens tomorrow...

Damn, I really believed there would be some movement today. . .

Why is this thread so dead????

Did everybody who was waiting give up hope or what??

Lurkers do you have any news about people getting in off the waitlist in the past week?

Hi Lupe!

I, of course, havne't heard anything. I would post if I had.

For me, I haven't been checking as much since I'm moving on as if i'm not in this year.

For others, not sure...

I keep hoping to see a post from you saying you've gotten your email! That would be awesome!

Why is this thread so dead????

Did everybody who was waiting give up hope or what??

Lurkers do you have any news about people getting in off the waitlist in the past week?

Hey Lupe!

First off, thanks for everything you've posted and helped us waitlisters with this month and a bit.

Anyway, I haven't heard of anyone getting in after the last bit of movement though I know one person giving up their spot on the 7th (deadline was 8th). But since there's no movement, I'm just trying to move on. Good luck!

Hi Lupe!

I, of course, havne't heard anything. I would post if I had.

For me, I haven't been checking as much since I'm moving on as if i'm not in this year.

For others, not sure...

I keep hoping to see a post from you saying you've gotten your email! That would be awesome!

Argh, yeah I try to keep away from the forums but I still manage to get on here everyday...

Hey Lupe!

First off, thanks for everything you've posted and helped us waitlisters with this month and a bit.

Anyway, I haven't heard of anyone getting in after the last bit of movement though I know one person giving up their spot on the 7th (deadline was 8th). But since there's no movement, I'm just trying to move on. Good luck!

Yeah AIM, you're absolutely correct about the movement being over.

I'm going to call it: June 7th 2011 - Last Day of Waitlist movement for McMaster.

I'm definitely re-writing the MCAT and hopefully I'll see some of you next year!!! I'm still going to be on the forum; I just mean that, hopefully, I'll see some of you physically next year!!!

Hey guys, I keep checking-in on this forum hoping to see good news for more waitlisters. I also wanted to share that there have been several new additions to the forums and facebook page over the past few days. I dunno if this is people who delayed getting into the forum and facebook, but it may be new offers?

I also wanted to say that I imagine you are all incredibly wonderful, caring people who have so much contribute to your communities over the next year. This will make you an even better candidate for next year's interview. I know how it can feel to have to go through this agony and then have to plan out another year. But for me, mentally moving on made me feel so much lighter. Before I received an offer, I had actually moved on and was planning my year; this made me feel so much happier and made me more productive. In fact, I was able to accomplish so many things in the few weeks after I had resigned myself to the fact that I wasn't getting into medical school this year that the news almost came as a shock.

I hope this is not sounding like a "pep-talk" but I just wanted to say that you have so much to contribute. If not this year, you will be an even better and stronger candidate for next year :)

I'm going to call it: June 7th 2011 - Last Day of Waitlist movement for McMaster.
Sorry to prove you wrong, but I know someone who got off the waitlist Wednesday or yesterday (can't really remember which day they said) for the Niagara campus. They're declining for another school though.

Sorry to prove you wrong, but I know someone who got off the waitlist Wednesday or yesterday (can't really remember which day they said) for the Niagara campus. They're declining for another school though.

My proclamation of a fixed date for the end of the waitlist movement was just something that I did to help me move on and prepare for next year.

Believe me thatonekid, I'm glad there is waitlist movement but since my name hasn't come up yet I really have no hope, and it's not healthy for me to think that I'll get in at this point. I KNOW there will still be movement but like the above poster said, it's just better not to think about it and if good news comes it'll be a surprise, and if not, I'll still be prepared.

My proclamation of a fixed date for the end of the waitlist movement was just something that I did to help me move on and prepare for next year.

Believe me thatonekid, I'm glad there is waitlist movement but since my name hasn't come up yet I really have no hope, and it's not healthy for me to think that I'll get in at this point. I KNOW there will still be movement but like the above poster said, it's just better not to think about it and if good news comes it'll be a surprise, and if not, I'll still be prepared.

Hey Lupe,

I think that the less we hope/expect, the more productive we'll be, and the less disappointed we'll be. From how I've seen you support all of us that both got in and didn't, I know you'll make a great candidate. Maybe I'll see you in med school in two years (I'm doing my two years masters first but you might get in this following year :P)! Good luck with everything and I'll keep lurking hoping for good news for you!

Archived