4 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for one of the following options

• You were waitlisted at McMaster
    • You have accepted your offer of admission to McMaster
    • You have declined your offer of admission to McMaster
    • You have withdrawn yourself from the waitlist at McMaster
    • You have the sudden urge to participate

Hmmm, why?

Watlist movement after 5PM = peolpe find out after the office is closed and we can't frantically call and ask them whether or not there is going to be more movement throughout the rest of the day.

Waitlist movement before 5PM = Exactly what's going on now...

what do you mean? and how did geographical status play a role in the waitlist/admissions before? :confused:

Prior to admissions, VERY LIMITED OOP applicants are invited to interview (something like 10% of all interviewees). After the interview, OOP status doesn't matter.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay guys, I did it, just for you... but I basically got a non-response... they said they have no idea, and promptly hung up the phone :o ... I guess we will just have to wait and see.... sorry!

Thanks for the effort BoardNsmile

it's appreciated!

I got news that lifted my spirits just now: My neice just got into Ottawa U's law school, off the waitlist!

Lets hope I and all of you get some good news like that too!

If not, try try again next year

or as my friend put it to me recently: No worries, just rub some dirt on it and get back in the game! (next year ;)

Hey guys,

So I've been reading this thread too for the past week or so and I wanted to thank you all for making the wait a lot easier on me. I genuinely hope you all get in!!!

I was accepted off of the wait-list this morning at 12:51 PM to my first choice (Hamilton campus). I was at work all day so I just saw it now.

I'm still not sure if I will be accepting the offer or not, but in case you're wondering I have until June 13th to reply. I am sure that another round of offers is coming soon!! Good luck everyone!!

Okay guys, I did it, just for you... but I basically got a non-response... they said they have no idea, and promptly hung up the phone :o ... I guess we will just have to wait and see.... sorry!

Thanks!!!!

Just got into the Niagara Regional Campus!

Good luck you guys!

Congrats!!! What was the timestamp?

I think I know why they're not answering your questions over the phone. I think they are working very hard to get as many offers out as possible and they don't want to make false promises.

That makes sense to me.

Thoughts?

I think they would have given a definite "NO" if there were no more offers expected to come out this week,

I think they would have given a definite "NO" if there were no more offers expected to come out this week,

There are definitely more offers coming out this week; I think the questions addressed whether or not there would be more offers coming out today.

Don't you guys think it's best to not hassle them and let them do their jobs quicker?? I think everyone will get good news faster that way!

Congrats to people who got Niagara offers today, one of you got my spot - I hope you love St. Catharine's as much as I would have!

Don't you guys think it's best to not hassle them and let them do their jobs quicker?? I think everyone will get good news faster that way!

Fair enough but you don't know the kind of position we're in or how we feel about it...

Looks like there will be about an hour and a half to 2 hours of waitlist movement everyday for at least 2 weeks.

I think that they are giving no information over the phone to deter folks from calling.

Maybe they feel they can't answer one person's question and not answer everyone's questions, which they obviously don't have time for.

Fair enough but you don't know the kind of position we're in or how we feel about it...

Looks like there will be about an hour and a half to 2 hours of waitlist movement everyday for at least 2 weeks.

Unfortunately I do! I was waitlisted at UBC last year (much lower chance of getting in since only 15 people decline) so I totally feel your pain!

It sucks but what I learned from the process is to get out there, enjoy your life and realize what a huge accomplishment it is to get this far! Calling them and knowing exactly how many spots are left only makes the wait harder, you never know if you're next or the last one on the list! Just some friendly advice from someone who's been there before! You can do it :)

Archived