Premed 101 Forums

I love recorded lectures

All of ours are podcast. We have people who don't even attend lecture most of the time, they just podcast everything nonmandatory. It's pretty awesome: I have a bad cold so I can just stay home and watch lectures in bed.

Thank goodness for 21st century technology.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think I could do well in medical school without recorded lectures. Lectures are too boring and too risky in terms of time investment (I have to pretty much rely on how good the speaker is as a teacher, and unfortunatley most of them are not). I do everything from home. Heck I even skip mandatory sessions if they are BS so that Im learning...

Well you guys probably already know this as premeds :P but if you have a prof that talks e..x..t..r..e..m..e....l...y slowly use media player and 1.5x speed that ****.

Surprisingly 1.4 speed makes my orgo lecturer sound like she's talking at a normal pace.

Yeah, I too prefer listening to chickmunk-sounding teachers chirping away at 1.4x speed than the slow monotone ones

hey out of curiosity are your videos actually podcasts or video casts? Can you actually download them I guess is my point :)
You can download them by installing video capture software, but there's no specific download link for them which is a shame. I don't think I'd have enough room to download all the lectures anyway. Each one is like 80 MB and the connection craps out before I can even finish downloading. Also using the slider to rewind the video is a pain in the ass because it's not specific enough.

Archived