Premed 101 Forums

GPA reality check

david_66

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

i know alot of people suggest going to york after not doing as well as they'd hoped... but just from personal experience, i've only ever met 1 person from york on the interview circuit. then again, im sure that sample's too small to say anything. but still, im of the opinion that its more about how you're studying than the insitution you're at

I go to U of T and have already finished the first semester. I have 4 As and one A- in my five courses as of now. That is a 3.9 GPA approximately. I came to this university thinking and hearing how hard it would be; it was the exact opposite.

I can't believe some of you are failing your courses and thinking of medical school. My best advice to you all is seriously think about your prospects and strengths. The reality is: some of you will never make it no matter how hard you try. Some of you eventually makes it in the end because you have both academic talent and are hard working. This is a rare combination and most of you don't have it.

Beware of false hopes, it can crush you in the end. If somewhere deep inside you, you know you are not good enough, accept it and move on. University is not all about academics. Party hard, hit the hot chicks, and have the best time of your life. Quit endulging on a goal that you will never achieve.

This post still cracks me up :D

I go to U of T and have already finished the first semester. I have 4 As and one A- in my five courses as of now. That is a 3.9 GPA approximately. I came to this university thinking and hearing how hard it would be; it was the exact opposite.

I can't believe some of you are failing your courses and thinking of medical school. My best advice to you all is seriously think about your prospects and strengths. The reality is: some of you will never make it no matter how hard you try. Some of you eventually makes it in the end because you have both academic talent and are hard working. This is a rare combination and most of you don't have it.

Beware of false hopes, it can crush you in the end. If somewhere deep inside you, you know you are not good enough, accept it and move on. University is not all about academics. Party hard, hit the hot chicks, and have the best time of your life. Quit endulging on a goal that you will never achieve.

LOL

I did my immuno degree at uoft and I find this so hilarious that a kid who didn't even start a *major* is cocky enough to post this.

Just to let you know, kid, I got straight A+ until I got an A in a third year philosophy course (bioethics).... and that's with my not-so-good grammar.......... I came to canada when i was in highschool.

I don't usually brag but man... don't tell others to quit just because they have a lower gpa than you. Even with my above than average gpa/ extracurric/ research and publications, I still didn't get accepted to all the schools I applied last year.

I'm just grateful that so many schools gave me the privilege to choose the school that's right for me.

Hopefully you'll be more mature by the time you apply............

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
For your own safety, I would advise you to go see a psychiatrist. You sound like you have an underlying mental condition.

If you have too much of an ego to see one, I would try psychedelic drugs and see your reaction to them. Since you're obviously too much of a loser to have any hookups to get _____, etc..., go to your local pharmacy store, pick up some cold pills, and learn how to trip on DXM. Your reaction to these drugs usually say a lot about your underlying mental state, but I'm worried you might go full retard and may actually jump off a bridge. In the rare case that you don't, you should experience full blown ego death in which you see yourself as how others see you. A complete dumbass that makes a fool of himself on the Internet because you have no one to talk to in real life. If you have a bad trip, it means you have a dormant mental condition and should consider seeing a therapist.

Good luck!

So what you're saying here is that cold medicine trips are the key truth.

You actually had teachers say you or other kids weren't going to amount to anything?

I never heard the phrasing, "you won't amount to anything," but I heard and was told on multiple occasions, "you're not smart enough for university," and "perhaps you should consider making more realistic goals."

• 5 months later...

Archived