Premed 101 Forums

GPA reality check

david_66

I saw the documentary, too. Maybe there are 100 fathers who wanted to cultivate genius in their child, one only was successful, and because it was a story of success it was told to the public by documentary, and everybody else now thinks that every child can be developed into a genius. I think the girl in the documentary was born a genius in memory and was born a genius in chess, the fact that her father gave her the opportunity to discover her talent does not mean she was developed to become a genius. I am sure that are many, many parents who taught their children skillsets at a young age, some will turn out successful, some will not. The ones who succeed end up telling their stories and people will automatically assume that genius can be developed. The false conception is clear.

A 19 year old boy who is 5 foot 5 dreams of being an NBA all star. He hears people giving him hope by pointing the odd case of Nate Robinson and telling him that hard work will eventually pay off. Of course, he will not end up being in the NBA and will never be successful at professional basketball because of his inherent disadvantage. There might be a million of these cases, and maybe one end up playing in the NBA and tells people how one can overcome the shortcomings and become successful while not realizing that he was a natural athelete and he was an outlier.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A 19 year old boy who is 5 foot 5 dreams of being an NBA all star. He hears people giving him hope by pointing the odd case of Nate Robinson and telling him that hard work will eventually pay off. Of course, he will not end up being in the NBA and will never be successful at professional basketball because of his inherent disadvantage.

LOL That is the worst comparison

Height after a certain point is unchangable, while brain function is not. need I explain more?

LOL That is the worst comparison

Height after a certain point is unchangable, while brain function is not. need I explain more?

You can increase your knowledge at a certain subject incrementally by effort. But no one can learn to learn at a faster rate and learn to become creative.

Brain function is not unchangable after a certain point? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I know you secretly want your pathetic iq to somehow increase. It's not happening, son. :cool:

Edit: You are first to attack me personally, I am generous enough to edit my thread and save you some face. I'm pretty sure you need it.

You can increase your knowledge at a certain subject incrementally by effort. But no one can learn to learn at a faster rate and learn to become creative.

LOL you are the most ignorant person out there. Need I explain more?:D :D

You are clearly missing the point. Your piece of logic is so crap that I don't even want to address you. You are a piece of garbage. :D

I know you secretly want your pathetic iq to somehow increase. It's not happening, son. :cool:

easy with the ad hominems...

LOL you are the most ignorant person out there. Need I explain more?:D :D

You are clearly missing the point. Your piece of logic is so crap that I don't even want to address you. You are a piece of garbage. :D

I think psych/neurosci majors can confirm that the brain is indeed changable, neuroplasticity, read up on it.

um skimming through some insults,

yes, brain function is changable at any age,

my IQ's 136, if that answers your question.

and please don't message me insulting my mother, she's a very nice lady.

I think psych/neurosci majors can confirm that the brain is indeed changable, neuroplasticity, read up on it.

um skimming through some insults,

yes, brain function is changable at any age,

my IQ's 136, if that answers your question.

and please don't message me insulting my mother, she's a very nice lady.

I'd agree with that :D lol

This is definitely medigeek himself. There's no second thoughts about it. He's probably lying about going to UofT and about his grades in general too. I dare a mod to look into the IP addresses of both users.

Please, please, please, please, please do this. We want the truth :)

Edit: You are first to attack me personally, I am generous enough to edit my thread and save you some face. I'm pretty sure you need it.

If I wanted a tool I would go to my tool box, not PM101,,:rolleyes:

This is definitely medigeek himself. There's no second thoughts about it. He's probably lying about going to UofT and about his grades in general too. I dare a mod to look into the IP addresses of both users.

I don't think they're the same people, even though there are both condescending a-holes with overblown egos, their style of going about being a-holes are totally different IMO. Medigeek has a much more conservative approach, he probably woulda found some random statistics and misinterpreted them lol

I've only been following this thread for the lols, but I had to chime in to say that I completely agree with this. I'm becoming more and more convinced that there's not really any such thing as "natural talent" and that almost anyone can become really good at almost anything if they have the desire and they're willing to put in the thousands of hours of work to do it.

Hmm, I'd agree with this too- my brother and cousin were both found to be 'gifted' and were moved up 1 grade and 2 respectively, but from what I saw they both worked just as hard as anyone else

This is great -- thanks for linking the video. I watched the whole thing.

I'm going to teach my child differential and integral calculus at an early age, along with physics. Hopefully he'll become the next Albert Einstein and be able to unite general relativity with quantum mechanics. :D

This was a joke right? Haha sounds like torture! :P

I'm signing my kids up for a bunch of sports and music-related activities at an early age :P

Archived